Pistol Probe owners... need your input!

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
I just purchased my 3rd Pistol Probe a few weeks ago. I noticed that when the threshold is put more than roughly 2/3 up, it gives a constant signal. My first two never did this. So I sent it in to Detector Pro under warranty (it's brand new and never used). I got it back with a note stating:

"This unit performs within proper specs. Tested good. If other unit makes no signal when maxed then that one is not performing correctly."

Since this is my third, and the first one to do this, I want to reach out to the other Pistol Probe owners. Does your machine also do this? I find it odd that when I explained the issue to the business I bought it from, and Detector Pro, that no one could tell me then and there that this is the (new?) norm.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idk my button fell off mine and it's unusable. I did like how deep is was but it was way too big and bulky

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got one that is six years old. It has always performed the way your latest one does - start turning it up too high and it will give a constant signal. I just assumed they are all like that. I just keep the threshold adjusted to the proper level and never had a problem with it.

OP
OP
testing123

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
oh ok, thanks for the info. Bizarre the ones I've had seem pretty quiet at a high threshold. I'll just adjust accordingly and go from there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread