Brand ir distance

Power

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, new to this metal detecting hobby and enjoying it! My major problem is finding a target and digging and not seeing the target! Done a bit of beach and park hunting soo far!
My wife was going to buy me a pinpointer for my birthday in September, but i really think i need it now!!!!! Soo my question, where we live we have a Minelab dealer, Garrett dealer, & a Deteknix online dealer! Or i can go online for whites etc or better deals!
Am i better sticking with the walk in shops as in Warranty and service or cheaper over the Internet? I should also say i live in Australia.
And what brand rules the Roost at the moment, or are they all on par?
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I used the Garrett Pro Pointer for 3 years, sure saved me a lot of target location time. And it worked flawlessly, and still does. I'm giving that to my cousin, just received the Garrett Carrot (AT).

I went with the Carrot because of my experience with that Pro Pointer, you just can't beat a product that works faithfully.

I laid a cent on the table with a ruler beside it. At 1 1/4" the Pro Pointer picked up the signal from the edge of the coin. The Carrot picked it up at 1 1/2". So there's a bit of performance improvement with the Carrot.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the Garrett Pro Pointer for 3 years, sure saved me a lot of target location time. And it worked flawlessly, and still does. I'm giving that to my cousin, just received the Garrett Carrot (AT).

I went with the Carrot because of my experience with that Pro Pointer, you just can't beat a product that works faithfully.

I laid a cent on the table with a ruler beside it. At 1 1/4" the Pro Pointer picked up the signal from the edge of the coin. The Carrot picked it up at 1 1/2". So there's a bit of performance improvement with the Carrot.

Did you do the test with the carrot on #3 setting (most sensitive)?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread