Garrett Stealth Pro Pointer - Am I on Borrowed Time?

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday my black Garrett Pro Pointer stopped beeping. It only vibrates now. This by itself is not a bad feature since I'd rather detect silently, but if the vibrating feature goes next I will be sunk for sure. Any similar experiences or fix suggestions out there?

BTW: I've had this Pro Pointer for more trouble-free years than I can even remember - it has served me well. :thumbsup:

Nick

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday my black Garrett Pro Pointer stopped beeping. It only vibrates now. This by itself is not a bad feature since I'd rather detect silently, but if the vibrating feature goes next I will be sunk for sure. Any similar experiences or fix suggestions out there?

BTW: I've had this Pro Pointer for more trouble-free years than I can even remember - it has served me well. :thumbsup:

Nick

I'll be happy to follow behind you and scarf up whatever finds your pinpointer doesn't alert you to. LOL.
HH
dts

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are too loud to begin with, I have been using mine for years with black electrical tape over the speaker.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call Garrett and then send it in. My old pro pointer switch went bad, I shipped it to them and in 5 days it was back at the house looking like a new one. they replaced the switch, switch cover, installed a new coil and put it all back in a new housing for $42. I was really pleased with the quick turn-around time and the cheap cost of the repairs.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WarBaby is right, they are very loud. I placed a band-aid over the speaker, then covered with black electrical tape. This keeps the mud and water out and the sound very low. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Wildcat1750

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be happy to follow behind you and scarf up whatever finds your pinpointer doesn't alert you to. LOL.
HH
dts
That's very noble of you, dts52! This way nothing good gets missed. :laughing7:
They are too loud to begin with, I have been using mine for years with black electrical tape over the speaker.
All these years, WarBaby, and it never occurred to me to try that!
Call Garrett and then send it in. My old pro pointer switch went bad, I shipped it to them and in 5 days it was back at the house looking like a new one. they replaced the switch, switch cover, installed a new coil and put it all back in a new housing for $42. I was really pleased with the quick turn-around time and the cheap cost of the repairs.
It's certainly worth a try for me to do that, Loco-Digger, I just have to tear myself away from it for a week or two!
Take out the main board, replace the buzzer
Great idea, localbug! I think I'm just too chicken to try it tho.

WarBaby is right, they are very loud. I placed a band-aid over the speaker, then covered with black electrical tape. This keeps the mud and water out and the sound very low. :icon_thumleft:
This seems to be a common thought here, Professor of Engineering! It's also pretty annoying when you are trying to hunt without drawing any attention to yourself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread