garrett AT pinpointer problem

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not on Garretts pay role or any thing I just no they have great customer service and everywhere I look there's a Garrett carrot. I did have trouble with rubber grommet on my black pinpointed , but supposedly the was fixed with up grade. I own a land an sea now cause it floats and I do think pp are becoming to complicated .I had a at pro that had a coil issue they sent me a new one right away . then I chipped the plastic display and just sent them the control box I'm in MA there in TX it was sent on a Tuesday and I got it back the following Tuesday or Monday .that five or six business days . that's my experience.

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have put a lot of miles on my pro-pointer AT and I have noticed it starts to act funny when the battery is low. A fresh battery has always fixed the issues. However, lately it occasionally continues to vibrate after moving away from the target. I have to turn it off and then back on to resolve it....

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got off the river with my propointer AT about halfway down the LED stopped turning off with the detector. Had to yank the battery to get it to turn off, the second that battery touched the contacts the led turns on. I guess I need to return it? Good news is I came out with two gold and two silver rings!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
garret is amazing at replacing them free

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is 7 years old. bought it in march 2011.
had a good run. :laughing7:

Started going Bad last week.
First when I turned it on, The Light Lit but no sound.

This was OK with me, I didn't like outward Sound anyway.

Then the next day, When I turned it on, No sound Or Vibration.

I Banged it against My Trawl & it started working again.
Had to do this Twice now.

I figure Next month I'll look around for the Best deal on a Replacement,
Then Maybe send Mine in to see if Garrett Can Repair it for Less then the Cost of a New one :tongue3:

Mine is the First Black ones.
I don't like the Orange one because it has Adjustments.
I don't have patience for Adjustments.
I want turn on & go with full Power

Last edited:

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have put a lot of miles on my pro-pointer AT and I have noticed it starts to act funny when the battery is low. A fresh battery has always fixed the issues. However, lately it occasionally continues to vibrate after moving away from the target. I have to turn it off and then back on to resolve it....

I have two pro-pointers AT and they both still work! I believe I fixed the issues I was having by placing a quarter or nickel between the back-side of battery and the battery cover. Just something in there to snug up the connections.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two pro-pointers AT and they both still work! I believe I fixed the issues I was having by placing a quarter or nickel between the back-side of battery and the battery cover. Just something in there to snug up the connections.

I've done the same for Years.

Got a Note back from Garrett on my Probe: As it is out of warranty, we’d evaluate it and give you a total estimate before doing any repairs. This estimate would include $21 (covers labor and return shipping to you) plus parts (which we would discount 35%). If the evaluation starts adding up to the point that the estimate would be close to the price of a new one, we might be able to offer you the option to trade in your old Pro Pointer for a discount off a new one instead.

as I don't intend to do without & wait for a decision, The Discount/ trade-in Will be too Late, So I'm just going to Order a New One Monday, & keep the old one as-is (Screwed up, but passable in an emergency) I suppose I could Complain about Garrett. But it is 11 years Old.

It is Decorative though.

DSCF0001.JPG

Look like New ?

Last edited:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe