Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jul 2010
    261 times

Any F-Pulse Users Here?

I have a question a about the ground mineral calibration procedure from page 10 of the manual. The last step(4) says it will respond with a beep confirming calibration is complete. Does yours do that? Is this a flaw in the manual?

us
    Nov 2011
    507 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Tek-Point does the same thing--no confirmation beep after ground adjustment, but it does adjust.
    If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

My new motto: L-rods are obsolete.

Like Cappy sings with his harmonica, "We're all gonna die, but not tonight."

May you never take one single breath for granted.

us
    Jul 2010
    261 times
    Quote Originally Posted by signal_line View Post
    Tek-Point does the same thing--no confirmation beep after ground adjustment, but it does adjust.
    I suspected that. I wonder how long you're supposed to hold the tip down. The method for the GB is identical to a fast detune.

Thanks for letting me know my new one isn't flawed.

us
    Nov 2011
    507 times
    Just an instant press.

I think a confirmation beep would confuse things--make you think it turned off.
    Last edited by signal_line; Mar 06, 2018 at 10:43 AM.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.

us
    Mar 2003
    Oregon
    Custom Designs and Prototypes
    501 times
    *Sigh* no, the manual was NOT supposed to say that. Hold the tip to the ground, quick-press the button, it's done in 128 milliseconds. No confirmation beep. Same for detune.

us
    Mar 2017
    Northern NY, USA
    Minelab Equinox 800, HF 9-Function md, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT PP
    93 times
    Been deciding between the F-Pulse and the Garrett AT. I've only used a PP once, so I have no real experience with these devices. With that said, it seems the Fisher/Technetics has a bit of an edge on depth...and I'm thinking that may be a bad thing. If the plug is out of the hole and I'm in the hole looking around, I'm thinking I'm going to get a reading on one wall, while the coin may be in the opposite wall, no? I'm thinking that using a deeper reading probe might be counterproductive once you are in the hole. I realize deeper might be better if trying to locate something BEFORE you start to dig, but I wonder about using it after digging. Can anyone compare their "find" speed using the Fisher vs. the Garrett AT? Again, I have extremely little experience with pinpointers, but I'm wondering if the Fisher might slow things down.

Also, if you turn the Fisher on in max sensitivity, how easy/difficult is it to get to a less sensitive mode? Is this something that can be done for every hole, or would it be too much trouble to go back and forth from max to less-than-max for every hole?
    Using my Harbor Freight metal detector I found a cache of coins in a couple of spots situated within a few feet of each other.
    I ended up with 27 Walking Liberty half dollar coins, 97 Mercury dimes, 1 Morgan dollar, 1 Barber Half Dollar, 3 Liberty Head nickels, 1 Buffalo nickel, 15 mixed pennies (steel,& wheat), 2 flattened pennies with religious messages, and other silver US quarters and dimes, and 8 foreign coins. Detector has paid for itself

Just received a Minelab Equinox 800

us
    Nov 2011
    507 times
    Yeah, might be too hot for you. But you can always try the lowest power setting until you feel comfortable with the power. Honestly, high power is not like it's totally overwhelming or something.
    Last edited by signal_line; Apr 30, 2018 at 08:23 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links