small gold pinpointed?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What brand/type of pin pointer are you using?

I have found no problem finding the smallest targets, good or bad, with the Garrett Pin Pointers (Black and carrot). I am sure many other brands will also find very small targets.

Good Luck in your new pin pointer purchase. :icon_thumleft:

Bigdob

Aug 1, 2016
IL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend and myself have tested the Garret Carrot and Garret’s Black pinpointer "name escapes me" on some small gold that had been panned in a vial and neither would detect it.
My CTX and his ETrac wouldn’t hit on it either, so when I go prospecting I’ll be getting something different for sure.
BT

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My Carrott does great for gold. I don't find a lot but it did good on what I have.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one I found to work the best on tiny targets was the Uniprobe, but, I don't think it's made anymore. My old TinyTec would find tiny stuff too, but, that hasn't been made for decades. My E-trac and Equinox 800 will find targets that my White's TRX, and Vibraprobe won't detect. I have to go old school and run handfuls of dirt/sand over the coil to find it.

DredgerDana

Feb 18, 2015
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, TDI White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More backup that Garret will find it with no problem. I use the trick of boosting sensitivity buy putting a paperclip on rubber band getting it close enough to tip to sound off then backing it off till quiet, that will about double the sensitivity to small objects.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try the Tek-Point or F-Pulse. Lots of power and can detect really small gold. Can't recall but think they said one grain.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
read directions adjust sensitivity

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread