F-pulse and foil

dingode

Mar 28, 2007
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Fisher F-pulse isn't very sensitive to foil and I was just wondering if this is normal. By foil, I mean Ketchup packets, foil bottle seals, gum wrappers, Etc... My detector, Whites V3i, hits all these targets just fine but the pinpointer almost needs to be touching them before it will signal. Is this normal or should I contact Fisher?

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s a Pulse Induction detector. The pulse delay setting is probably too long to respond to thin foil (or tiny gold)/

OP
OP
D

dingode

Mar 28, 2007
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would a Garrett carrot work better on foil?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me get this straight. You have a F-Pulse but you can't figure out how to get it to hit aluminum foil? Take your time and read the instructions again and go through all the menu choices a couple times. I don't know but it sure sounds like you are de-tuning it maybe too close to metal when you turn it on? I mean like one foot away might still cause a de-tune. They hit such tiny gold no other pinpointer comes close. Even that Falcon I saw videos it did not hit as good.

OP
OP
D

dingode

Mar 28, 2007
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me get this straight. You have a F-Pulse but you can't figure out how to get it to hit aluminum foil? Take your time and read the instructions again and go through all the menu choices a couple times. I don't know but it sure sounds like you are de-tuning it maybe too close to metal when you turn it on? I mean like one foot away might still cause a de-tune. They hit such tiny gold no other pinpointer comes close. Even that Falcon I saw videos it did not hit as good.

I'm thinking my F-pulse may have an issue then. I turn it on way away from the detector or any metal, yet it still beeps and vibrates all the time. I may have to contact Fisher to send it in for service.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe check the batteries. Lots of counterfeit batteries out there, run for 15 minutes and puke out.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The re-tune function of just pressing the button for a fraction of a second be sure not to be near any metal when you do this or it will de-tune.

i just had to try it so I got a piece of aluminum foil about the size of a quarter and it hits from about 1 1/4" on power level two. Didn't try the other power levels.

Okdirtfisher64

Dec 22, 2018
Tulsa,Ok
Detector(s) used
F75+ fisher 11”,5” dd coils
F pulse pin pointer
Black widow headphones
Predator 31c raptor hand digger,
Whites mxt e-tracker stock 9” ,4x6,coil
Garrett AT Pro,ground shrark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sent in a brand new one I got with the package deal with the f75 it was acting very erratic when I called to check on it after seeing it had made it to fisher I was told there was nothing wrong with the unit,was asked what batteries I use and I replied lithium batteries and was told by Felix (over tech) that was what they suspected and for me to use alkaline batteries instead.According to tracking info I should have the unit back Monday.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I absolutely love the f pulse for fit and finish but it just slows me down and I am not as efficient of a digger while using it. Way too chatty and it is hard to distinguish what may be a good coin a little deeper down or it's just talking back to me. I've been using it more lately and really TRYING to like it. I think the carrot and TRX will be the go to's.

Oh.....and good grief the thing does not get along with my F-75 AT ALL! even after flipping through the different frequencies. Frustrating.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lithium so powerful it is picking up the batteries themselves or the electronics inside the pinpointer. LOL

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread