Advice on pinpopinter

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two of those old Kellyco ones that came with a detector. Do not like them, long and awkward and have to set the threshold (PITA). So I never used them but a couple times.

Then I saw an ad for the Tek-Point (same thing as F-Pulse) and you can probably find a couple posts I made about how I like it. But it's like $120. Now I use it always, even before digging to get the exact spot.

My two cents cryptocurrency (not worth much), if you are thinking you don't need a good one, you probably don't need one at all. Probably just a waste of time to pull the thing out to use because the cheap ones don't do much.

OP
OP
E

edteach

Feb 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I bought a Tec point on ebay for 75 shipped. I checked and there does not seem to be chinese knockoffs of it like the Garrett. I also like the double AA batteries and the reviews on it are very good. Higher then the Garrett.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My recommendation would be above your budget but the initials are TRX just in case you wish to gets something that works very well.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You scored! I've used mine around brush where a regular coil won't reach or to isolate a target. Actually had to drop the sensitivity. Maybe i shouldn't give out my secrets. LOL

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread