relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have an Mi4 and an Mi6 pinpointer and I like the way they work. I actually prefer to use the Mi6 with its speaker and not through my Orx WS4 headphones because I like to have the detector working to recheck the hole ( the coil shuts off while the pinpointer is in use).
Through the headphones the Mi6 is loud but the sound is muffled when used on speaker whereas the Mi4 is louder. Could this be a defect in the pinpointer speaker? Or something else? There’s no speaker opening that I’m aware of that could be clogged with dirt so I don’t see a cause for the low volume. Any ideas? Thanks

OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So it seems the difference in apparent volume difference between my Mi4 and Mi6 was due to the Mi6 vibrate being off. When I turned it to pitch plus vibrate it was now the same as the Mi4.
I did notice that the loudest sound comes through the back end of the unit and if you cover it up with your hand when you hold it the sound will be muffled. Therefore avoid holding the probe with the end covered by the palm of your hand.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOOD INFORMATION Relicmeister

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread