Gold and silver fireworks show next week!

goldsworthy

Aug 2, 2009
In silver, the bullion banks went short another 8,345 contracts or 41.73 million ounces. That's more silver than the entire U.S. mining industry will produce in one year! As of Tuesday's cut-off, the bullion banks (4 or less) are now net short 56,401 contracts or 282.0 million ounces of silver.

These same (4 or less) bullion banks went massively short gold last week as well. The net gold short position by the bullion banks increased by an eye popping 54,089 contracts! That's 5.4 million ounces of gold that the banks shorted in just one week!

These overly massive short positions in the silver and gold markets by the bullion banks will be resolved by only two possible outcomes. Either the bullion banks manipulate a decline in prices to cover their shorts, or they get steam rolled by more and more buyers showing up and they are forced to withdraw from the market.

If the latter occurs there will be no shorts against all the new longs that will pile into the market, and we will have an historic rise in prices for both silver and gold. If the former scenario plays out we will have lower prices for both metals which will shake out the speculators, with the bail out money behind the banks this could be a distinct possibility.

Be ready for either outcome. This next week in the silver and gold markets is shaping up to be a humdinger!
What is your guess? http://seekingalpha.com/article/161231-who-will-claim-victory-with-gold-and-silver?source=yahoo

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I was thinking the exact same thing about next week: either we will wake up tomorrow and see $1015 per ounce and rising, or in the $900s and dropping off the highs.

One possibility is that gold rises up to the $1030 range, which I think is where it hit back in March '08, then falls for another big correction.

I am not buying anymore gold or silver for now at these prices, so I won't mind a bit if it drops again.

I don't think it will be too much longer that gold will remain below 1000, and I would still like to add to the stash a bit more.

Jim

OP
OP
goldsworthy

goldsworthy

Aug 2, 2009
Well, the over seas market has opened and gold is going higher! silver too

OP
OP
goldsworthy

goldsworthy

Aug 2, 2009
Well, it dropped like a rock last night overseas! I guess I have to buy more gold today when my dealer opens up!. I allways buy on the dips.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread