NEW RECORD HIGH FOR GOLD!

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Cappy Z. said:
Something is amiss. The news is reporting Wallstreet is 'happy' about the economy...how then can people be fleeing the dollar by (buy) hedging with gold?

One theory (I am not sure I buy into) is that some people/institutions will put their money into the stock market as the dollar loses value (instead of holding "dollars").

Inflation could actually make the market value of stocks look like they are increasing in value, even though there is nothing great going on with the economy as far as a recovery.

In my opinion many on Wallstreet don't really take gold seriously (at least not yet) and they try to ignore it or bash it and talk up their stocks.

Whenever you hear someone on TV touting the stock market and saying the economy is great, you have to ask yourself if these same people predicted the last stock crash last year or saw it coming?

Jim

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, where is all the gold now? At the refiners, at the buyers, or in the hands of speculators. Sooner or later the price will be high enough to see it start flooding the market for profit takers at least that's what I have seen in the past with other commodities.. That's when the bottom falls out. The trick is to sell out just before that happens. But who can predict it. I still have a bit of angst about over investing and not diversifying enough. But don't put too much stock in what I say because I might just be farting in the wind. I am not an investor. Monty

OP
OP
goldsworthy

goldsworthy

Aug 2, 2009
I guess we could trust the banks with our money.[T]he Treasury Department said that any review of [patently misleading and false] announcements last year “must be considered in light of the unprecedented circumstances in which they were made.

Translation: when our elected representatives and their appointed officials believe we need to be manipulated, they rationalize their lies based on whether they think we need them at the time.

I am not naive. I firmly believe we have a problem with ignorance and sheeple in our country. However, the only way to fix the problem is to distribute more accurate information — not the opposite. Further, for those of us who work hard to stay educated, we expect to be treated like adults

OP
OP
goldsworthy

goldsworthy

Aug 2, 2009
Metal Bid Ask
Gold $1,056.50 $1,057.50 13.10
Silver $17.77 $17.82 0.31
Platinum $1,336.00 $1,346.00 19.30
Palladium $315.00 $320.00 5.00

Updated:10/8/2009 4:01:44 AM CST

Top Member Reactions