Should i sell my 2.2 ounces of gold?

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
After asking this question for many months on tnet, I have to give you this answer. It all depends on what you want to do, not what others think you should do. Many people tell me gold is at the highest price its ever been in 10 years! I say, even though I find gold jewelry sometimes, I would like to look at it again one day. The reason why is to unlock happy memories of me spending time hunting with my hunting buddy and finding the item. If I sell it, then I will waste the money on something stupid like action figures or comics.

If I keep it, I get to look at it forever. The only time I would ever sell the gold was if I was going to get enough to buy a really nice silver coin or copper large cent that I needed. Or some key date wheatie. Other than that, just keep it as a keepsake thing.

S

seger98

Detectingfreak said:
After asking this question for many months on tnet, I have to give you this answer. It all depends on what you want to do, not what others think you should do. Many people tell me gold is at the highest price its ever been in 10 years! I say, even though I find gold jewelry sometimes, I would like to look at it again one day. The reason why is to unlock happy memories of me spending time hunting with my hunting buddy and finding the item. If I sell it, then I will waste the money on something stupid like action figures or comics.

If I keep it, I get to look at it forever. The only time I would ever sell the gold was if I was going to get enough to buy a really nice silver coin or copper large cent that I needed. Or some key date wheatie. Other than that, just keep it as a keepsake thing.

Well said, couldn't agree more!

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Im holding what little i have a while longer. BUT 1125 is looking good right now. Folks are still selling like mad, and the price is still going up, so Id say demand is still got a ways to go yet. Im holding for now.

goldsworthy

Aug 2, 2009
I myself have sold more then $20,000 worth of my gold eagles and Pamp bars in the last 2 weeks. There is nothing wrong with taking profit off the table!. As you may know the price can go up but it can crash down twice as fast! Pigs tend to get slaughtered in markets. I am watching the PM market carefully and will sell all my gold and silver holdings I have left at a moments notice!. What really bums me out is I have a brand new Minelab Safari that I can never use as I had to have spinal fusion surgery 4 weeks ago!. No one in my area has interests in Metal detecting so now I guess I am stuck with a $1000. door stop!. This week I will be selling these two coins I hope they sell!.

Attachments

• PICT0007.jpg
    PICT0007.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 518

Birgit

Tenderfoot
Nov 16, 2009
$20,000 really? You must have been quite the collector, I'm impressed. I recently sold of the last of my gold savings as well, think I earned about $2300 cash. I really enjoy my new luxury of being able to buy my a treat new and then, but then again I'm a very unsentimental person. But I do understand that some people like to hold on to their collections, even in this time of sell gold to-high-prices.

Good luck with selling off those two coins by the way.

goldsworthy

Aug 2, 2009
Birgit said:
$20,000 really? You must have been quite the collector, I'm impressed. I recently sold of the last of my gold savings as well, think I earned about $2300 cash. I really enjoy my new luxury of being able to be my a treat new and then, but then again I'm a very unsentimental person. But I do understand that some people like to hold on to their collections, even in this time of high gold prices.

Good luck with selling off those two coins by the way.
Collector no all my Gold and Silver holdings that I sold were bullion bars and bullion eagles. Although I do have some coins that are collector.

Birgit

Tenderfoot
Nov 16, 2009
I see, my mistake. I thought since you were selling gold coins. Well I'm strictly a collector, or strictly was anyway. As I said I sold off the last bit of gold, cash for gold you know, I had left this weekend, so now I'm going shopping for a new heater. Wish me luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread