DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinflation says here is $5.21 worth of silver in each one. Some coin shops will pay 75% to 80% of that. Some coin shops don't want to bother with them at all. This is just me but I'd pay four bucks a piece if I had the cash.

blai745

May 5, 2010
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like you shouldve aquired silver bullion, rather than seven hundred 40% half dollars

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I personally would do 1 of 2 things...

Option 1 and personally what I would do is pay the $20 and get a charter membership on TNet then put the coins up in the classified section in lots of 100 for $4.00 per coin shipped.

Option 2 is put them on FeePay and you will most likely get close to spot for them, but you will have to pay fees.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
blai745 said:
looks like you shouldve aquired silver bullion, rather than seven hundred 40% half dollars

You are assuming that he paid full price for them. If he got them from CRH'ing, then he paid 50 cents each (plus the effort to accumulatre) which could be a better deal than bullion. But of course, I'm speculating just like you are.

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would sell them to APMEX, they pay over 90% of spot for 40%ers - best price you'll get anywhere for them in my opinion!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

OP
OP
bama #1

bama #1

Dec 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After checking with all the local dealers and internet sites. Apmex turned out to be the best place to sell. I traded them to Apmex for gold and silver eagles. Thanks for all your advice.

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bama #1 said:
After checking with all the local dealers and internet sites. Apmex turned out to be the best place to sell. I traded them to Apmex for gold and silver eagles. Thanks for all your advice.

No problem, APMEX is my choice to sell to as I sold quite a bit of 40%ers to them back in April/May and was happy with what they paid me!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread