SILVER TAKING A DIVE

thing

Aug 8, 2009
Silver, it seems, has gone down by close to 50% since its high this year. One would think with the instability in europe and all the money printing, silver would keep going up. I have seem countless articles over the last few years talking of gold and silvers expected rise because of all the debt. Any ideas, people?

I guess all these articles on the rise of commodities by experts shows that intellect, position, and a padded resume do not go hand and hand

Gobpile

Mar 19, 2010
Underground
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX Garrett GTI2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The market was completely manipulated and the roller coaster ride is over,look at the early eighties. It will still move up and down but the high has been met for awhile. I sold at the high point and will wait for it to bottom out before buying again.

Allgentix

Aug 31, 2011
San Francisco, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gobpile said:
The market was completely manipulated and the roller coaster ride is over,look at the early eighties. It will still move up and down but the high has been met for awhile. I sold at the high point and will wait for it to bottom out before buying again.

how low do you think it will go?

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other

Deep Packets

Dec 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
madwest said:
Allgentix said:
how low do you think it will go?

Back in early September, I called all the way to $20, by Dec. 2012.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,422212.msg3011037.html#msg3011037
madwest said:
I know I'll get a lot of disagreement on this one, but it is my prediction that gold and silver will both crash within the next 15 months. I predict silver to go below $20 and gold to go below $1000. When it does, I'll buy junk 90% silver.

:icon_thumright:

$19-$25

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Obviously the PM market is extremely manipulated. My question is, for those of you who know what you are doing, what kind of a timeline are you thinking once silver bottoms out, before it will start another good bull run. (like the one earlier this year for instance)???

I wasnt around to see it, but it seems weird to me, that silver could reach 50 per oz in the 80's, and then go all the way back down to under 5 per oz and basically hover there for 20ish years, before another bull run.... HOw long is it going to "hover" at this next bottom before the next silver bull??

Texar

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
The price of silver is determined by the "paper" silver value. I have seen reports that paper silver is leveraged 500 to 1. The market is totally manipulated and could be very volatile in the short term. Ultimately, I believe it will go to the MOON, and I am "stacking" as much as I can.

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
TheRockDoc said:
Obviously the PM market is extremely manipulated. My question is, for those of you who know what you are doing, what kind of a timeline are you thinking once silver bottoms out, before it will start another good bull run. (like the one earlier this year for instance)???

I wasnt around to see it, but it seems weird to me, that silver could reach 50 per oz in the 80's, and then go all the way back down to under 5 per oz and basically hover there for 20ish years, before another bull run.... HOw long is it going to "hover" at this next bottom before the next silver bull??

This recent spike was/is all about safe haven investment. For the first time in a very long time, nothing other than Precious Metals was a safe haven. Historically, real estate has been the safe haven of choice. That was not an option with this recession.

When the market begins to truly recover, there will be a race to get out of precious metals. That is what will cause the prices to really plummet. How low and for how long are the trillion dollar questions.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All these predictions and guesses and I haven't seen a good answer yet for me to stop buying. I've a good stash of physical and I'm buying, selling, still making a profit and buying more with the profit.
If you sit on the sidelines it's easy to make the calls up/down whatever. I'm looking at what lies ahead, recovery I don't think so, more ahead yet from what I forsee. Like the rest say. Just my opinion. :laughing9:

Favorite saying "Opinions are like ****oles everyone has one" :laughing9: :laughing9:

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marchas45 said:
...good stash of physical and I'm buying, selling, still making a profit and buying more with the profit.

If you dont mind me asking Mr. Marchas....what's your methodology for buying and selling to make profit right now. Ebay, Craiglist...buying, then finding a sucker to overpay on a BIN option?

Im all about arbitrage and repeating the process. Thanks! PM me maybe?

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't try to make a profit. I buy to retain value. When it is low I buy the dips, when it is high I sell a little back. I don't use my bank account to save, nor do I try saving FRN's. What ever money is cash reserves, I take out and buy Silver. I keep my debt load near zero. When I get low on cash and have to spend on something (like a new detector hahaha) I just sell a little a few ounces. I'm not a big investor, I'm just a normal guy living on a normal income and I'm saying PM's are for everybody. You can start getting off the U.S, dollar now, you don't have to wait for the worthless money to collapse. So far I haven't had to leave my cash in silver for more than a couple of months to get a good price when I sell it back......It's all in the buying. If you buy at a good low, you are always going to make money or break even in just the short haul. So why leave it in the bank? The Government has a history of confiscating gold and criminalizing the ownership of it. If we ever go to a gold standard, gold will just be to expensive to make coins out of for general commerce. With Silver you have a ready fractional unit called U.S, Silver quarters halves and dimes. Plus Silver is in everything electronic and used widely in medical, industry, and defense. Not saying there is anything wrong with owning Gold, but I think silver is WAY under valued compared to Gold. I can easily see Silver doubling from this morning's price ( 27.48 ) but I would have a harder time envisioning Gold at 3,000 bucks. It will happen though. We're all toast by the end of 2012, this house of cards can't keep it's head above water much longer, with just band aid economic solutions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread