300 tons of Germanys gold on the move, but how ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only way to move that much would be by the largest military transport plane or by ship, unless they break it into multiple small transfers.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Military transport plane would be fastest and most efficent and less chances of stuff going wrong.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Wait a minute! How can that be? According to some of the PM bullish pundits, there is not enough gold for such a delivery.

I guess we will have to wait and see if Germany gets its gold or not.

Jim

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just rent a couple C5A's from the military.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet security will be off the wall , and way over paid.

which makes no sense,
since it is not like you can grab & run, & even a team of armed men couldn't
expect to hijack & get out the city with it :tongue3:

yet they will make a big production moving it.
unless there are tunnels to the Docks or airport.

funniest thing I ever saw was armored car workers
with semi Auto weapons prepared to shoot,
as they picked up bags from a bank at the mall.
like frightened little boys :laughing7:

Last edited:

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Multiple transfers would be less risky but likely more costly. Can you imagine them sending all of that gold on one plane and having the plane crash causing the gold to be lost? Diversification is not a bad option here.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait a minute! How can that be? According to some of the PM bullish pundits, there is not enough gold for such a delivery.

I guess we will have to wait and see if Germany gets its gold or not.

Jim

This will be interesting. If they actually get their gold and all is well then it will be a non-event and all of those pundits will claim a cover up. Of course, if they get their "gold" and find out that it is actually tungsten then all hell will break loose. :laughing9:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Multiple transfers would be less risky but likely more costly. Can you imagine them sending all of that gold on one plane and having the plane crash causing the gold to be lost? Diversification is not a bad option here.

I don't know if it is this story or not, but I remember reading that some country that was getting its gold back but would get it paid back over 7 years or something like that. Must have been a different situation.

I would bet they will have multiple deliveries though. The value and the sheer weight of that much gold would make multiple deliveries the smart way to go.

I would imagine in light of the alleged China tungsten bar story, that most central banks and other large buyers are testing and verifying their gold bars now.

Jim

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here Ya go

Tom Cloud: Germany’s gold repatriation is obviously a game changer. They got all their gold back from France right away. But the US government put them off for 7 years, probably by offering them some kind of premium to take their gold back slowly. More gold, Treasuries, no one knows what exactly but clearly it was a big inducement. It’s also clear that Germany won’t be the last country to bring its gold home. The Netherlands is next and then probably Switzerland. It’s become a game of musical chairs. No one wants to be caught when the music stops. And make no mistake, it will stop. Everybody in the industry knows the US doesn’t have the gold and can’t deliver it. They’ve leased it all out.

?Everybody in the Industry Knows the U.S. Doesn?t Have the Gold?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Todd Hoffman could cover it if the bank is low on gold.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I heard and read when the story first came to light. Germany would be getting their gold back a little at a time through 7 years. So where is this story coming from? I'll wait and see before I believe it. Just watched the video their only talking about the gold and left out the part that it will be over 7 years. Lol

In the meantime here is a little story that has people scratching their heads. Are Banksters withdrawing their stocks from their banks? Also a lot of Banks stocks where down big time today. Mmmmmmmmmm

Massive Options Bet Against Bank ETF - Business Insider

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread