Silver (and gold) smackdown coming soon

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I get this view from looking at the silver chart, the strengthening dollar chart, and some other things. Further, today I am seeing amazingly cheap premiums on silver eagles on one or more of the big online sites. This often serves as an unofficial guide that the dealers can sense the smack down coming as well.

Of course it will be temporary and might be the last great buying opportunity before we do get to eventual liftoff.

I am eyeing some DSLV shares if we break below 20 in silver.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought 100 oz's silver bars at the end of last week along with a little gold. Silver may go down around $19.80 but I don't see it going any farther than that Jim. As for the shares, not for me yet, maybe down the line but I do have a small amount of Miners. Lol Keep Stacking

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I bought 100 oz's silver bars at the end of last week along with a little gold. Silver may go down around $19.80 but I don't see it going any farther than that Jim. As for the shares, not for me yet, maybe down the line but I do have a small amount of Miners. Lol Keep Stacking

Logically I agree with you Charlie. This is more of a "gut feeling" kind of thing. I am guessing, but do believe they could hit PMs as we get another stock correction, and at the same time boost up the dollar. May mix into that some more world disharmony events (if that is possible).

I know from talking to one of my colleagues who is really into stocks and bonds, that some of the risky bond funds are seeing large outflows now. They had done well for a while though. Where that money goes I don't know?

Have you looked at the s and P chart? It reminds me of silver in April 2011.

PS Congrats on the 100 oz and the gold. I've been buying some silver commemorative dollars and grabbed a nice collection last week for pretty cheap. Super low mintages on some of these coins. Still haven't picked up an indian head/buffalo 2001 but don't need one for 150 bucks (melt at 15.5 or so). LOL

Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Silver may go down around $19.80 but I don't see it going any farther than that Jim. Lol Keep Stacking

So far so good Charlie. Let's see though what they do overnight. If silver can stay above 19.50 or so through the next few of days maybe it will recover and start going up (for a change) LOL.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it went below my $19.80 prediction but bounced back. Bought some more 90% rolls of quarters this morning, $60,25 face for x15.2 shipped so not bad a $50 premium. Keep Stacking

El Dorado Seeker

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some say it'll drop even below 15 $.

Silver was in a bubble and eventually the prices will go low enough for it to become a fantastic buy. But I'm disappointed a bit by silver. I was expecting it to climb early this year already...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread