Monthly Futures Silver Chart 2004-2014
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mackaydon

Thread: Monthly Futures Silver Chart 2004-2014

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    CMan1

    Nov 2014
    Treasure Coast 1715 Florida
    AT PRO
    111
    56 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Monthly Futures Silver Chart 2004-2014

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silver M.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	1099794

    Monthly Futures Silver Candlesticks 2004-2014
    Historical data from chart service.
    2015 Price anyone?
    Click on chart to enlarge.
    Have a Great Day Enjoy Life!
    Thanks,
    CMan1

    AT PRO XP Deus Pro-Pinpointer Minelab Pro-Swing 45 Stealth 720i Hybrid

  2. #2

    Oct 2014
    108
    40 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    My prediction:

    I predict silver will be around $14.50 on 1/1/2016 (exactly one year from now). The important part is that premiums will continue to fall. When the price has remained fairly steady for 12 months (+/- 2%) and the premiums have returned to the point where junk silver can be bought from major dealers for less than spot again, then that will be the signal that we have reached the bottom. This will probably not happen until 2017. When this happens you'll have plenty of time to buy at those prices because the price will languish there for several years. Just look at a historical silver chart from 1980-2000 to see what we have in store for us.

    All just my opinion. For reference, around two years ago I called silver hitting $16 on 1/1/2015. We are at $15.69 today so I was just a little off.

  3. #3
    us
    Rich

    May 2003
    Shamokin Pennsylvania
    White's Eagle Spectrum
    641
    144 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bradley1719 View Post
    My prediction:

    I predict silver will be around $14.50 on 1/1/2016 (exactly one year from now). The important part is that premiums will continue to fall. When the price has remained fairly steady for 12 months (+/- 2%) and the premiums have returned to the point where junk silver can be bought from major dealers for less than spot again, then that will be the signal that we have reached the bottom. This will probably not happen until 2017. When this happens you'll have plenty of time to buy at those prices because the price will languish there for several years. Just look at a historical silver chart from 1980-2000 to see what we have in store for us.

    All just my opinion. For reference, around two years ago I called silver hitting $16 on 1/1/2015. We are at $15.69 today so I was just a little off.
    Very nice call Brad

  4. #4
    us
    Feb 2006
    Tennessee
    Minelab EXPLORER SE
    4,107
    325 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by bradley1719 View Post
    My prediction:

    I predict silver will be around $14.50 on 1/1/2016 (exactly one year from now). The important part is that premiums will continue to fall. When the price has remained fairly steady for 12 months (+/- 2%) and the premiums have returned to the point where junk silver can be bought from major dealers for less than spot again, then that will be the signal that we have reached the bottom. This will probably not happen until 2017. When this happens you'll have plenty of time to buy at those prices because the price will languish there for several years. Just look at a historical silver chart from 1980-2000 to see what we have in store for us.

    All just my opinion. For reference, around two years ago I called silver hitting $16 on 1/1/2015. We are at $15.69 today so I was just a little off.
    I also said silver would be at $16 in June of 2013. I believe silver will be above $20 by Dec. 2015 and it will be fun to see which way it goes. Just my opinion also.

  5. #5

    Oct 2014
    108
    40 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    I also said silver would be at $16 in June of 2013. I believe silver will be above $20 by Dec. 2015 and it will be fun to see which way it goes. Just my opinion also.
    I remember you making that call. We were two of some of the only ones out here who thought the price was going to go down (lastleg was also with us if I recall). Almost everyone else was calling for major stacking because they claimed the price was going to $100 at some point in the near future.

    I'm curious as to why you think we will be above $20 by Dec. 2015. I believe you could very well be right, but I'm thinking we still have a way to go yet before we hit that price. I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter.

    My belief is that we are looking at another instance like 1980. Fear drove the price to near $50 and that fear is gone. A lot of people have been burned and it will take a long time for the price to climb back up to that level without some sort of "event" happening. If we don't get another event then I feel it could be many years before we see $20 again.

    But this is all just my opinion.

  6. #6
    us
    Feb 2006
    Tennessee
    Minelab EXPLORER SE
    4,107
    325 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by bradley1719 View Post
    I remember you making that call. We were two of some of the only ones out here who thought the price was going to go down (lastleg was also with us if I recall). Almost everyone else was calling for major stacking because they claimed the price was going to $100 at some point in the near future.

    I'm curious as to why you think we will be above $20 by Dec. 2015. I believe you could very well be right, but I'm thinking we still have a way to go yet before we hit that price. I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter.

    My belief is that we are looking at another instance like 1980. Fear drove the price to near $50 and that fear is gone. A lot of people have been burned and it will take a long time for the price to climb back up to that level without some sort of "event" happening. If we don't get another event then I feel it could be many years before we see $20 again.

    But this is all just my opinion.
    I see your point about people being burned and are reluctant to get back in but now is the time to get back in because the price is low right now. I know a group that just bought 50,000 ounces of silver plus I know of others getting ready to make big buys. Hoarders are stacking huge piles now and the supply will be less raising the price by the end of the year. I also think there will be a major event in 2015 that will also cause precious metal to go up. Also the reason oil prices are low right now is because our and other governments are trying to hurt the Russian economy and make Putin behave. This is just my opinion and you may be right on target. We will see at the end of the year and I hope you have a great 2015.

  7. #7
    Charter Member
    us
    An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

    Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    19,478
    12597 times
    Shipwrecks
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    The five-year historic resistance level seems to be about $10.
    I'll wait till $12 then start stacking; cautiously.
    Don....

  8. #8

    Oct 2014
    108
    40 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    I see your point about people being burned and are reluctant to get back in but now is the time to get back in because the price is low right now. I know a group that just bought 50,000 ounces of silver plus I know of others getting ready to make big buys. Hoarders are stacking huge piles now and the supply will be less raising the price by the end of the year. I also think there will be a major event in 2015 that will also cause precious metal to go up. Also the reason oil prices are low right now is because our and other governments are trying to hurt the Russian economy and make Putin behave. This is just my opinion and you may be right on target. We will see at the end of the year and I hope you have a great 2015.
    Thanks Dman. I can't argue with your logic. You may be right on the money with your prediction!

  9. #9

    Oct 2014
    108
    40 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackaydon View Post
    The five-year historic resistance level seems to be about $10.
    I'll wait till $12 then start stacking; cautiously.
    Don....
    I'm not sure we will get down that far but who knows? You may end up being right on the money with your prediction. I just don't know where to call the bottom. I'm thinking more along the lines of mid $13 range but I have nothing to base that on other than average yearly inflation adjusted prices from 1964. And I don't put much faith in those.

    I really hope you are right though. I will definitely load up if it gets down to $10-$12 and the premiums are low.

  10. #10
    Charter Member
    us
    An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

    Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    19,478
    12597 times
    Shipwrecks
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Bradley1719,
    You wrote: "I just don't know where to call the bottom."
    Of course, no one does, but until it hits $12, I have no risk (nor loss position).
    After it hits $12, I'll take that risk.
    Don.
    bradley1719 likes this.

 

 

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Currency Collecting Futures...
    By AU24K in forum Paper Currencies
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Oct 17, 2014, 10:51 PM
  2. Silver chart looking much better
    By jim4silver in forum Precious Metal Prices
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Aug 15, 2013, 03:10 PM
  3. C M E group announces 1000 oz. silver futures contract
    By Herb Boyd in forum Stocks, Investments & Markets
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2013, 06:34 PM
  4. 2004 s. silver?
    By silversnacher in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jun 18, 2012, 04:10 PM
  5. 2004 Silver Finds...
    By Leon in forum 2004 Annual Finds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2005, 07:54 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0