pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In reading about any commodity there is always the opinion of the writer, or the bias view of who that person gets their pay check from. There are articles from unbiased providers and they point to different truths and what's at play in the market place that we know or try to understand. Over the years in dealing with buying and selling different commodities as silver, non-ferrous metals, I've tried to understand a bit about how trends go, and the relationship of how things are linked from reading different suppliers of news. One news source is from Kitco Metals and it would be interesting as winter is upon many of us and reading and research is time well spent I pose the question:

Who do rely or read, trust, or follow to help you understand the commodities?

I just read a Kitco article this morning, a bit dated, but still interesting.
Some Traders See Potential For 'Severely Oversold' Silver To Now Outperform Gold - Forbes

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who do rely or read, trust, or follow to help you understand the commodities?

LOL

I Read/ follow Coinflation.com Current Melt Value Of Coins - How Much Is Your Coin Worth?

trust is a different animal all together.

Those Selling will insist PM's are about to Skyrocket .... "BUY NOW !!!!!"

those stocking up, Will insist PM's are going lower .... "SELL NOW !!!!"

& those who like to see their name in print because they are being paid for articles
May say anything to keep you reading.

read it all

Take everything with a grain of Salt.

and decide for yourself what is best for your situation :thumbsup:

is my opinion

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to read those too...
Man I have rarely seen "one of those guys" nail it...
the future of it ..
I think they have "motive" when they write that stuff.

In my opinion the "big guys"...
Who deal in tonages are the ones spewing this stuff in order to stimulate a move in one direction or another.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I don't think it is possible to find someone without any bias who writes such articles. But just because someone has a bias doesn't mean they are wrong in their calls simply due to the bias.

I like to read more anti PM articles since I am pro PMs to see what they like to say. I have been avoiding most of the pro PM sites because they like to keep using the same pundits who have been wrong in their calls over the past few years even more than me. Yet they keep wheeling out these guys who make one bold call after another (the big crash is coming next month- not that it might happen, but that it is a guarantee). After the call fails they create some new call that is slightly different but still sensational.

Another thing you see is the many of the pundits seem to make slightly contradictory calls so in time they will have covered every angle and whatever happens they can pull out one correct call and claim they got it right.

Some will say look to history, but in some ways the market is different now with the panoply of paper plays (ETFs, ETNs, derivatives, etc), which impact the market. Although human emotions and errors probably are the same throughout all time, the way the market can be played is changing all the time with new means to manipulate for those with huge amounts of capital (high frequency trades, etc).

One guy I have been following a bit is linked below. I believe some of the long term bull PM pundits don't like what he says so that makes me want to read him even more.

When it comes down to it the only person you can trust is yourself, and even that turns out wrong sometimes. Even some of the pundits who call it right will often fail at their next big call.

Blog | Armstrong Economics | Forecasting the World

Just my opinion.

Jim

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's so true Jim, the only guy one can truly trust is yourself. How many times one has asked that age old question I should of listened to that gut feeling about that?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when it comes to PM's what does a crash mean really ?

Seriously Gold will never drop to the price of Lead, Neither will silver

Even if both do Drop below `1970 prices eventually they will rise to all time Highs.

Only losers in PM's I see are short Timers who expect to buy today, and Cash in next month

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOL

I Read/ follow Coinflation.com Current Melt Value Of Coins - How Much Is Your Coin Worth?

trust is a different animal all together.

Those Selling will insist PM's are about to Skyrocket .... "BUY NOW !!!!!"

those stocking up, Will insist PM's are going lower .... "SELL NOW !!!!"

& those who like to see their name in print because they are being paid for articles
May say anything to keep you reading.

read it all

Take everything with a grain of Salt.

and decide for yourself what is best for your situation :thumbsup:

is my opinion

It's a great link to see what gives the best return, still the lonely penny and nickel are, but it takes so many.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
This guy is my new favorite pundit. He has an interesting past and his info is different from all others I follow. I am not saying I agree with everything he says, but his site is worth a look if you have time and are seeking different views.

It has become quite sad in that some of my former favorite PM news sites now routinely post articles and such from some numbnut prognosticators that keep making one wild claim after another - while none of them ever seem to come true.

My goal is to find accurate info, whether bearish or bullish for PMs/stocks. Many instead like to only hear ideas that are congruent with their own beliefs (I was that way in the past too).

Blog | Armstrong Economics | Forecasting the World

Just my opinion.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread