The "silversqueeze" movement
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The "silversqueeze" movement

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2008
    488 times

The "silversqueeze" movement

By now most silverbugs have seen or heard of the movement that began earlier this year which is trying to squeeze the silver shorts. Most of this comes from wallstreetsilver which is on reddit.

I believe that this "movement" will be the catalyst that drives the price of silver upward to new highs. What will help this price movement is also tremendous amounts of new gov debt/money printing, high value levels in most all other speculative assets like home prices, stock market, bitcoin, beanie babies and more. All assets move in cycles and silver now is the only one I can think of with prices lower now than in 1980. Think about that. Gold and other metals are far above their 1980 prices. Why isn't silver? Especially considering how much silver is needed in industrial applications. And I'm only taking nominal dollar value (not accounting for inflation).

What is interesting to me is when I lurk on other PM blog sites, I see roughly 90% of posters poo pooing this movement and making cracks about the buyers being somewhat foolish. Now this is coming from folks who most likely listened, followed and believed the silver pumper pundits who've been wrong since 2011. But now these silverbugs are smart and enlightened and won't be fooled again by these new silver bugs who are buying silver with religious fervor. The wallstreetsilver site even raised over 100K to buy billboards in certain places to promote silver buying.

If these new silverbugs (and old ones) keep up the buying like they have been, it is just a matter of time until we see $30+ silver as a new floor for prices. We will see $50 silver this year.
    Last edited by jim4silver; Mar 23, 2021 at 10:33 AM.
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

RTR
    us
    Roger. USAF Vietnam war Combat Vet

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    19339 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Well I heard the same story back in 1965 and where has silver gone

Apr 2008
    488 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Well I heard the same story back in 1965 and where has silver gone

Silver was worth roughly $1.29 in 1965. It's up a little from there I think.

PS I know most folks here don't believe me. Talk to a coin dealer and ask about the wholesale market, etc. Also, go to a local coin store and tell them you want to buy some silver near spot price. Let us know how that goes.
    Last edited by jim4silver; Mar 23, 2021 at 02:55 PM.
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

Charter Member
    us
    May 2020
    La Verne, Calif
    White's, Tesoro
    68 times
    If your speculating in beanie babies....I worry about you.
    jim4silver likes this.

Apr 2008
    488 times
    Quote Originally Posted by camichael View Post
    If your speculating in beanie babies....I worry about you.

I always wonder about those folks who don't get sarcasm.
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

us
    Sep 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Sovereign GT, Excalibur II, Tesoro Lobo ST
    36 times
    Ape likes shiny...Ape has diamond hands
    jim4silver likes this.

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 36į60'
    9004 times
    Kitco and APMEX are low on stock. Not just silver but gold too. Premiums are higher than ever.

So yeah, people are buying silver.

Is it enough to offset manipulation through fake paper silver contracts? Time will tell. Inflation wil play a role as well. When you add more dollars to a supply and demand system the prices always go up.
    jim4silver and DeepseekerADS like this.
    "Do Not do to others that which you would Not have them do to you"

Choose your heroes carefully.

In God We Trust.

Apr 2008
    488 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckshot View Post
    Kitco and APMEX are low on stock. Not just silver but gold too. Premiums are higher than ever.

So yeah, people are buying silver.

Is it enough to offset manipulation through fake paper silver contracts? Time will tell. Inflation wil play a role as well. When you add more dollars to a supply and demand system the prices always go up.
    I think it would take some time for all the retail buying to have a real effect. Investor demand has been relatively low compared to industrial demand and such over past years. The amount of people who invest in or own silver bullion or coins is so low relative to the population in general that if over time the percentage of silver buyers increases sufficiently that could have some impact on available supply assuming industrial use stays strong, etc. But it will take heavy institutional investor demand (buyers) to really move the price in the ETF or paper markets.

It seems like all the conditions necessary for silver to do well exist. Huge money printing, gov debt, inflation around the corner possibly. Plus there is a gigantic cup and handle chart formation from 1980 till now and we are in the handle and it is moving up generally. That is a very bullish chart formation and having one that many years would add strength to any breakout. Plus add the wallstreetsilver effect to the whole picture and it seems like a perfect storm so to speak for silver to do well in the coming months/years. I'm actually glad there are so many doubters amongst the PM crowd about anything big going to happen in the price, etc.

I already have my silver from past years of stacking and am not buying at these prices now except rare occasions when a great deal presents itself, so I wouldn't mind seeing lower prices.

Check out the chart in the article showing the cup and handle. This article is from Dec 2020 so it doesn't show recent price action.

https://investinghaven.com/commoditi...hart-50-years/
    Last edited by jim4silver; Mar 23, 2021 at 08:52 PM.
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

RTR
    us

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    19339 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jim4silver View Post
    Silver was worth roughly $1.29 in 1965. It's up a little from there I think.

PS I know most folks here don't believe me. Talk to a coin dealer and ask about the wholesale market, etc. Also, go to a local coin store and tell them you want to buy some silver near spot price. Let us know how that goes.
    Yes it has ( its now at $25.40 per oz.) .Calculating inflation on $2.00 in 1965 into 2020 dollars equals $16.47 . So actually silver has increased by $18.93 per oz.w/ in the last 1/2 Century.At that rate one would need to have tons of it OR... live to be 200 .
    >> https://www.dollartimes.com/inflatio...nt=2&year=1965

RTR
    us

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    19339 times
    OR put another way(Buying power) 3rd chart down https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inf.../1965?amount=2

Charter Member
    us
    An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson taken ten years ago)
    Minelab Explorer
    16762 times
    Shipwrecks
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    "We will see $50 silver this year."
    Hope springs eternal.
    Don....
    RTR and DeepseekerADS like this.

Apr 2008
    488 times
    What other commodities/assets besides silver drop in price as demand soars and availability disappears? I can't think of any. Talking about the paper price, not real physical price you pay when you obtain it.
    fistfulladirt likes this.
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

us
    Apr 2020
    VA
    equinox 800
    145 times
    The premiums appear to be coming down some. Honestly, I hope the reddit people go back to "stonks"

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2609 times
    Prospecting
    Silver Mexican Libertad production has been halted I heard.

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2609 times
    Prospecting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dd7df496a687edc687c5ffabfce16bd5e64d2ff8563ab549c474e49035604f05_1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	1915515

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast