Kevins own thread - a journal (but feel free to post random thoughts) - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 782
Like Tree857Likes

Thread: Kevins own thread - a journal (but feel free to post random thoughts)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #46

    Jul 2013
    657
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kazcoro View Post

    Just be careful, you'll shoot your eye out...
    no i wont because i wont be looking down at it thats what playboy magazine is for. lmao

  2. #47
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,781
    10614 times
    Prospecting
    Wow, the ultimate hijack! LoL...gues I was asking for it with the thread title :-P

    You guys are so funny, love it. Wonder what the mods would say about some of this tho

  3. #48

    Jul 2013
    657
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Wow, the ultimate hijack! LoL...gues I was asking for it with the thread title :-P

    You guys are so funny, love it. Wonder what the mods would say about some of this tho
    the mods might SPIT... out all its gold.
    pun intended.
    besides we gotta keep our spirits UP... in this cold weather.
    again pun intended.

  4. #49

    Nov 2013
    179
    166 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Cold weather is right! Single digit temps at night, highs around twenty. Everything is frozen solid. Winter is boring, and could be expensive, I'm eyeing dredges now! Yikes

  5. #50
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,781
    10614 times
    Prospecting
    Yup, snowed all day today here, high of 6 degrees tomorrow...really glad I got out yesterday!!

    PS 45 min of digging at lunch yielded 1/10 gram. Still have to pan the post work dig results.

  6. #51

    Nov 2013
    179
    166 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    PS. Your killing me!

  7. #52
    us
    This isn't a hobby! It's hard work!

    Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
    3,465
    6155 times
    Prospecting/Mining and protecting our rights to do so.
    I feel sorry for you guys having to deal with all that cold weather. It's been in the upper 60s here during the days and only down to the 30s at night. .. And this is with a "Cold Snap".

    I'm starting to get bored here as well. I'm out of materials to process, have "Shake and baked" every bit of black sand I'd saved up and I can't think of any good projects to build. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive to get to the claim but Robi has the truck anyway so I can't restock on materials to run. Maybe I should sell the house here and move in with AzViper........
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/
    The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

    "Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

    When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of my knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

  8. #53

    Jan 2014
    90
    43 times
    Well I decided to wait till bazooka comes out with high banker kit. Then I will be selling my recirculating royal sluice (which gets great gold) and putting all the blame on Kevin if the bazooka doesn't catch as much. Lol. And when I purchase it I will make sure I mention Kevin by name to sales rep and explain what a great promoter of their product he really is. So cross your fingers and let's all pray Kevin is right. P.S. This is just a random thought for the thread.
    Prospector70 likes this.

  9. #54

    Jan 2014
    90
    43 times
    The other day I dug out my dad's old football table game. You guys remember the ones you plugged in and everyone lined up and the whole thing vibrated and the players moved all over. You could move a little switch on guy to make em move left or right. Anyway. It got me thinking about black sand and how to separate. I took it apart and messed with it a little bit and then put some black sand on it and I'll be damned it actually pulled out gold I never thought was there. Minuscule amount but gold. I used a squirt bottle and tried different angles to get it. But anyway it was fun and shows that if you want gold , it's where yea find it.

  10. #55
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,781
    10614 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenIrishman View Post
    I feel sorry for you guys having to deal with all that cold weather. It's been in the upper 60s here during the days and only down to the 30s at night. .. And this is with a "Cold Snap". I'm starting to get bored here as well. I'm out of materials to process, have "Shake and baked" every bit of black sand I'd saved up and I can't think of any good projects to build. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive to get to the claim but Robi has the truck anyway so I can't restock on materials to run. Maybe I should sell the house here and move in with AzViper........
    Doesn't everyone choose their home based on the commute? ...to the gold!?

    Quote Originally Posted by ssdevilfish View Post
    Well I decided to wait till bazooka comes out with high banker kit. Then I will be selling my recirculating royal sluice (which gets great gold) and putting all the blame on Kevin if the bazooka doesn't catch as much. Lol. And when I purchase it I will make sure I mention Kevin by name to sales rep and explain what a great promoter of their product he really is. So cross your fingers and let's all pray Kevin is right. P.S. This is just a random thought for the thread.
    My wife says it's always my fault so go ahead and blame me! If you mention my name I'm sure they won't add too much of a surcharge ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by ssdevilfish View Post
    The other day I dug out my dad's old football table game. You guys remember the ones you plugged in and everyone lined up and the whole thing vibrated and the players moved all over. You could move a little switch on guy to make em move left or right. Anyway. It got me thinking about black sand and how to separate. I took it apart and messed with it a little bit and then put some black sand on it and I'll be damned it actually pulled out gold I never thought was there. Minuscule amount but gold. I used a squirt bottle and tried different angles to get it. But anyway it was fun and shows that if you want gold , it's where yea find it.
    Now that's thinking! When can I stop by with 10 pounds to run on it? LoL Seriously, if you don't want it as a game, I could see adding the right surface to it, a receptacle to catch the waste material at one end, and ending up with a useful tool.

    PS: finished panning my cons from Monday, ended up with 0.25g in under 2 hours dig time. Really happy with the new sample hole I started as it produced 0.16g in about an hour. Now I plan to dig all the material in that streak next to the creek bank so I have my work cut out for me :-)
    Aufisher likes this.

  11. #56
    It is more than a hobby. It is a lifestyle .

    Dec 2012
    Redding, Ca
    BGT Prospector BGT Super Mini Angus MacKirk Explorer South Yuba Mining Highbanker
    345
    367 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by ssdevilfish View Post
    The other day I dug out my dad's old football table game. You guys remember the ones you plugged in and everyone lined up and the whole thing vibrated and the players moved all over. You could move a little switch on guy to make em move left or right. Anyway. It got me thinking about black sand and how to separate. I took it apart and messed with it a little bit and then put some black sand on it and I'll be damned it actually pulled out gold I never thought was there. Minuscule amount but gold. I used a squirt bottle and tried different angles to get it. But anyway it was fun and shows that if you want gold , it's where yea find it.

    I tried the same thing but the Seahawk players kept knocking over all the Bronco players and stole all the gold.
    Alan U
    "Crack Addict"

  12. #57
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,781
    10614 times
    Prospecting
    ROTFLMAO! Sounds right ...unfortunately

  13. #58

    Jan 2014
    90
    43 times
    Yea Kevin my mind is going now. I'm looking at designs on vibrating tables. I'm going to try and use this small metal rod to put some even grooves at an angle. Then have it grab the waste and slide it to the corner of the end zone. While the gold goes right over Peyton mannings head and stays in the other end zone for the safety. I think I found a two dollar vibrating black sand separator. And I know where there is more. For only couple bucks. Lol. This is What minus 15 degrees will do to the gold fever. I'm feeling hot!!! Lol.

  14. #59
    us
    Aug 2013
    Highlands Ranch, Colorado
    White's MXT, Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200, White's Bullseye 140mm
    18
    15 times
    Metal Detecting
    Don't go sluicing in 28 year old rubber boots. They sure looked and felt fine, like nothing was wrong with them. They had sat in a nice warm clean closet for the last 10 years of so. But when they got in the stream the left one opened a crack which got bigger and bigger until my left foot was full of water. That really puts a damper on working in the stream.

  15. #60
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,781
    10614 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdrasberry View Post
    Don't go sluicing in 28 year old rubber boots. They sure looked and felt fine, like nothing was wrong with them. They had sat in a nice warm clean closet for the last 10 years of so. But when they got in the stream the left one opened a crack which got bigger and bigger until my left foot was full of water. That really puts a damper on working in the stream.
    It was still good fun getting out on the creek with you yesterday Joe
    I ended up stopping at another spot on the way home and got 0.12 grams for the day
    Aufisher likes this.

 

 
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Random Thoughts
    By jeff of pa in forum Comedy Central
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Mar 15, 2015, 06:25 PM
  2. Rerolling vs. counting machine: Some random thoughts
    By Zero in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Mar 12, 2013, 08:04 AM
  3. PM confiscation random thoughts
    By jim4silver in forum Precious Metal Prices
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 15, 2012, 08:15 PM
  4. Random Thoughts for the Day
    By ashleen in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Feb 08, 2010, 01:44 AM

Search tags for this page

arapahoe bar gold prospecting park
,
araphoe sand bar gold dreddging
,
brunch creek treasurenet.com
,
content
,
kevin
,
park county colorado prospecting
,
post random thoughts for free
,
prospecting at aprohoe bar
,

prospecting illegal in arvada

,
water processing
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0