Kevins own thread - a journal (but feel free to post random thoughts)

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well ya ended up getting more gold than we did this weekend Kev. We had some things come up (again) and didn't even make it out to the claim. I hope that we can make it out this weekend and make up for the lost time. In a way it was kind of a good thing that we didn't go out because the wind was howling out here! My nice neat processing area was in shambles! The wind was strong enough to blow over my sluice, the chairs and even topple my rock crushing tube!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well ya ended up getting more gold than we did this weekend Kev. We had some things come up (again) and didn't even make it out to the claim. I hope that we can make it out this weekend and make up for the lost time. In a way it was kind of a good thing that we didn't go out because the wind was howling out here! My nice neat processing area was in shambles! The wind was strong enough to blow over my sluice, the chairs and even topple my rock crushing tube!
sorry to hear that, we had short periods of strong wind here today but it settled in time for me to spend an hour digging after work...from what I saw in the pan, the gold was pretty good. Of course only time will tell...

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image-1310407039.jpg

0.14 grams from last Wednesday when I got chased out of the creek by a thunderstorm :(

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image-2683173483.jpg

Exactly 1/4 gram in one hour with my Bazooka Prospector yesterday. Love it!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice for short work!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice for short work!
yup! Thrilled with the productivity of this new hole (gimme the gold, gimme the gold!). Going back tomorrow I hope.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I was able to go back on Wednesday. Punched a hole down 3 feet deep in the middle of the 10' wide stream. Dug for a couple hours with my Bazooka Prospector. image-3028571608.jpg
0.09 g -50 (left side)
0.15 g 20-50 (right side)
0.02 +20

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice Work Kevin.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks bro!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn I wish I worked/ lived close to good diggins...
I hear ya. This spot is almost exactly 1 mile from my house! More proof they built Denver right on top of the gold :-)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image-989275174.jpg

Yup.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out all day yesterday, met some new prospector friends in a new (to me) spot. Everyone really friendly and happy to talk about where the boundary's to the site was, how long digging there, how much on average pull etc.
Why are miners friendlier than most people I wonder? :)

Anywho, had the BGT 48 set up in less than 5 minutes, great flow. I thought maybe too fast, but as usual there were fly poops and a few bigger pieces in my test cleanout. (20 minutes of digging)

One of my new friends had to come see my setup, stating that every time he looked up stream at me I was sinking further and further into the water. (I dug a massive damn hole, I tell you what!)
He really liked the action on the BGT, I explained how it worked and is like a little mini wash plant. He loved it and said he will be adding one to his arsenal very soon.
He was running a Keene sluice on a stand, had a solar cell hooked to a blue bowl pump right into his classifier. brilliant, I'd do that if I still classified haha. He was getting the gold for sure, the assayer's mat looked hot!

It was a gorgeous day, I've yet to tally my load but I'm suspecting I'll be back to that place very soon indeed!

Best wishes of heavy dirts!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great to hear P70! Do you mind mentioning where you were?

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are miners friendlier than most people I wonder? :)

Just are! Some if the best people I've ever met,I've moved dirt with!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's great you've got a spot close enough that you can get in
an hour or two after work. Nice looking gold Kevin...:occasion14:

This time of year, up here, the Sun rises just after 5am, and doesn't
set till about 9:15 in the evening, with plenty of daylight till after 10.
I'm really looking forward to spending some of those long days digging
gold.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's great you've got a spot close enough that you can get in an hour or two after work. Nice looking gold Kevin...:occasion14: This time of year, up here, the Sun rises just after 5am, and doesn't set till about 9:15 in the evening, with plenty of daylight till after 10. I'm really looking forward to spending some of those long days digging gold.
yes, yes, yes...I love this time of year for its long evenings! Time for digging for gold, hanging out with friends and all that. Someday when I am rich and old and foolish, I shall enjoy spring and summer in North America then go to Australia and do it all again! (I hear they even have gold there! LoL)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread