• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    672.5 KB · Views: 226

Adventure_Time

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgive me if this is rude...

but what is your average season take over the 22 years? My first impression from your post is someone trying to advertise their dive suit business more than anything else. You aren't asking people to come work for you, you are selling them a tourist trip and charging 2000 a month for them to stay on your claim. "dont expect to make money or break even"

Why would anyone in their right mind pay 2000 a month to lose money while working under someone else? I'd rather hemorrhage money working for myself. I feel like anyone crazy enough to go up there is probably of a similar mindset.

Also a firearm is definitely a necessity at all times in middle of nowhere alaska...

I think this post would do better on a tourism forum. This thread is in no way a "journal" of mining or prospecting. Please move this thread.

OP
OP
S

ssdsupply

Feb 20, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
This is about gold mining.
you might consider watching golf on TV.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO this is a REAL Adventure in gold prospecting. Steve is well known in the Nome and in the business. They do have Scuba school and diving business, The expense paid to them for using their equipment and claim is fair. If you are experienced and have the know how and drive, you can make money

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

ssdsupply

Feb 20, 2005
🥇 Banner finds

New video from this summers Alaska adventure.
Steve Phillips 205-672-9310

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow! Nice job.

Looks like some of Doc's (Goldhog) "Washer Mat"* for cleanouts could come in handy for future seasons. I'm sure your initial panning from what you already use is pretty easy already though.

Bear on the beach reminds me of having to dodge them while fishing at Katmai and to get back on the float plane.

*http://www.goldhog.com/gold_washer_mat.htm

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread