Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: The Misadventures of Mad Machinist

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1917 times
    Whats your method for concentrating your ore.
    If you don't mind me asking.
    And whens the pilot plant gonna be done? Wanting to see some mill work.

I know you gotta real job but that's just an excuse for the I can't go minin list.

Just funning, I'm still gonna hit it one more full year.
    There's to much walk-in left to do, stuff I aint seen yet.

Good luck
    Gt....
    Mad Machinist likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Period Six Mining and Exploration, LLC

Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    4279 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by gold tramp View Post
    Whats your method for concentrating your ore.
    If you don't mind me asking.
    And whens the pilot plant gonna be done? Wanting to see some mill work.

I know you gotta real job but that's just an excuse for the I can't go minin list.

Just funning, I'm still gonna hit it one more full year.
    There's to much walk-in left to do, stuff I aint seen yet.

Good luck
    Gt....
    Got a Gold Cube on loan from the company for primary concentrating. So I'm set to process up to 1000 pounds an hour now. My panning skills leave something to be desired,
    gold tramp likes this.
    Mining is how I make my living. I turn mountains into dust on a daily basis.

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4533 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Dirty and smelly all at once especially with a week or more of consuming raw garlic to keep the skeeters at bay requires a pre-cleanup! The "fine perfume" requires time to clear up!..................63bkpkr
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2936 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Machinist View Post
    Got a Gold Cube on loan from the company for primary concentrating. So I'm set to process up to 1000 pounds an hour now. My panning skills leave something to be desired,
    If that 1,000# of feed was beach sand it would equate to about 80 gallons (https://www.traditionaloven.com/buil...h-sand-lb.html). After viewing videos of cubes in action and seeing how slow they are feeding them with sand, I can't picture running that much of your fine ground feed in an hour. Is your feed mixed size and screened through a trommel so actual cube feed is somewhat less than 1,000#/hr or have you tested and confirmed throughput capability with fine grained feed? Just curious...

Good luck.
    Last edited by arizau; Aug 20, 2018 at 03:47 PM.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

Charter Member
    us

Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    4279 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by arizau View Post
    If that 1,000# of feed was beach sand it would equate to about 80 gallons (https://www.traditionaloven.com/buil...h-sand-lb.html). After viewing videos of cubes in action and seeing how slow they are feeding them with sand, I can't picture running that much of your fine ground feed in an hour. Is your feed mixed size and screened through a trommel so actual cube feed is somewhat less than 1,000#/hr or have you tested and confirmed throughput capability with fine grained feed? Just curious...

Good luck.
    I'll let you know when I get to testing the feed rate. If all else fails, I'll run enough through the Gold Cube to get a decent sized shaker table and never look back.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10537 times
    Prospecting
    The gold cube will happily eat 1000 lb of -8 material per hour. Most guys feed em way too slow.

Charter Member
    us

Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    4279 times
    Prospecting
    So I've been working on a waste oil burner for awhile now, it's kinda finicky with a mix of synthetic and conventional oils. It's what runs in my vehicles. I finally got it working. It throws about a four foot flame without the combustion chamber. I figure with my diesel taking 4 gallons of oil, my other truck taking 8 quarts with the oil cooler, and the wife's car taking 5, I should have a never ending supply of fuel.

Plans are to use it and its twins, think triplets, as a blacksmith foundry for my kid and as an aluminum foundry and gold smelter for me.
    CyHawkGold and Oregon Viking like this.

Charter Member
    us

Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    4279 times
    Prospecting
    Who doesn't like fire? Waste oil burner running on used motor oil. Now I can get my aluminum foundry/gold smelting furnace built.

Charter Member
    us

Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    4279 times
    Prospecting
    trying to get the video uploaded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail1535761251186.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	1627283  

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4533 times
    Great use of resources! Have good ventilation! Wear Gloves !.........................63bkpkr (what can I say, once an Ass always an Ass)
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

Charter Member
    us

Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    4279 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by 63bkpkr View Post
    Great use of resources! Have good ventilation! Wear Gloves !.........................63bkpkr (what can I say, once an Ass always an Ass)
    We don't need no stinking gloves.

Charter Member
    us

Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    4279 times
    Prospecting
    Now to find a 55 gallon drum to build a foundry/ gold smelting setup. I think I know where I can get all I need.
    Nitric likes this.

us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    6051 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Machinist View Post
    Now to find a 55 gallon drum to build a foundry/ gold smelting setup. I think I know where I can get all I need.
    I bought two rivitor(spelling) forges for this. Never used them once. My Dad ended up using one of them to start blacksmithing. They weren't all that expensive at the time. Blower and everything for both forges was something like 300 bucks for both complete set ups. You probably already know this stuff just throwing an idea out there. They can be moved around really easily. And could be adapted to use any kind of fire or fuel your going to use. Kind of remind me of the old round charcoal grills. Wonder how well one of those would hold up after lining them with brick.
    Last edited by Nitric; Sep 01, 2018 at 04:35 PM.

Charter Member
    us

Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    4279 times
    Prospecting
    Got a bit of a surprise for when I hit 20,000 views. Wife has spoken and I need to build something for a base camp. Time to bring my fabrication skills into play and do something a little crazy.
    Nitric likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    4279 times
    Prospecting
    The "crazy" is going to be putting a little pop up camper on 35's to follow my daily driver which is a Powerstoke on 37's.. Pop ups are available cheap in most places and are easy to tow with the average vehicle due to the lightweight. Most of us have four byes for prospecting so this will be a good build. The search is on for a cheap popup.

And yes you can do this no matter your skill level if you want to learn.
    Last edited by Mad Machinist; Sep 02, 2018 at 07:39 PM.
    63bkpkr and Nitric like this.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links