63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM, stretching to square is accomplished through thought and adaptation to situations as they are presented to the lucky recipient! Situations come and go however the more we Stretch Ourselves generally the better off we become. We also become more dangerous as with each new challenge we are just that much more willing to go further forward than we've ever been The Next Time! Congratulations on the fix-it, without dreams we would be mighty dull, thank you for sharing with us and the best of success with all of your endeavors and be safe!................63bkpkr :hello:

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe, just maybe this might end up as a 5 or 6 axis plasms cutter. B/C Drive ? Doughty Drive

5 axis plasma cutter working.

I plan on doing a lot of work in AR500 hard plate in the future and it is damn near impossible to machine by normal machines.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save for a few flaws most of those holes/taper finishes/top finishes look very nice! Some metals are just nasty to machine with the typical spinning cutter tools! You are working with "new world machining"! My Step Father came out of the job shops in and around Detroit and he was a magician when it came to machining things out of metals. During WWII he took a round through the 'tush' in Italy so he had a lot of Life's Experiences! He would have taught my older brother and I all that he knew but neither of us wanted to go that far. I know he was giggling in his grave when I was doing machining to keep a roof over my head. What I would allow him to teach me has been very beneficial to me! Keep on Keep Onin!..............63bkpkr

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fried the graphics card in my laptop trying to run Fusion 360. Not 360's fault, I have an older ASUS laptop. Waiting for a seller to get back to me about a custom built machine to do 3D rendering based on an ATX tower machine.

Another good series on using Fusion 360: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrZ2zKOtC_-DR2ZkMaK3YthYLErPxCnT-

EDIT: By the way I forgot to mention that Fusion 360 is FREE to the hobbyist or startup. If learn it and can do the design work on a part in order to hand a shop a .DXF file, your price on a part goes WAY down as the hard part (design work) is already done. The shop can plug in the .DXF file and get to cutting/machining reducing your cost and the time it takes for you to get the part.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I guess I can let the cat out of the bag now. The whole reason for building these machines is to build my own rock solid line of crushers, screens, etc. for a micro-scale to small operation. I am working through Fusion 360 right now designing a crusher built of solid 4" and 6" steel plate. 4" for the stationary jaw and side plates and 6" for the movable jaw so I can get a 3 1/2" shaft made from 4140 through it.

Shooting for 6x8 (with a few other sizes to follow) on the crusher with a feed rate of 2-3 tons per hour. Each part of the crusher is independently replaceable and it will probably have manganese jaw plates along with AR500 side plates to keep the wear on the main body nonexistent.

Nobody builds for us and I am tired of it. It's oversized and overpriced beat to hell equipment that is too big, overpriced Chinese junk of questionable quality, or too far out of the price range of the small guy just starting out.

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tore my right bicep tendon about 90% of the way off my forearm so I've been a little out of the loop lately. Used the time off to familiarize myself with the permitting process here in Arizona and New Mexico.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OUCH!!!!!! I'm afraid to ask but, was what you were doing worth it? If you are anything like me then it was not worth it. Heal Well, Heal Quickly as likely you've "lot's of stuff" you want to do but Heal Completely before you do them. Beat Regards,.............63bkpkr

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OUCH!!!!!! I'm afraid to ask but, was what you were doing worth it? If you are anything like me then it was not worth it. Heal Well, Heal Quickly as likely you've "lot's of stuff" you want to do but Heal Completely before you do them. Beat Regards,.............63bkpkr

I'm all healed up already. Had surgery in March. And yes it was worth it. I'll reveal it later when I'm sure I have the whole extent under claim.

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gotta get the big piece cleaned up. Magnetite, hematite, and quartz matrix. Gonna crush it up this weekend.

Attachments

• 20190812_201544.jpg
    20190812_201544.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I fired up the RC1 and ended up with fuel everywhere. Damn fuel line had a whole in it from something. Fixed that and crushed up the samples I had. Turned out to be a bust. Gonna move closer to the top of the hill and get some more samples.

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Okay ladies and gentlemen, got some time to catch up on a few things. Not working 70-80 hours a week now.

I don't know if this is going to work but I'll try it anyhow. A very, very disgusting level of math says it will but we shall ser.

This is a piece of 2 3/16" shafting inside a piece of 2 1/2" pipe for a throw of about an inch. Stay tuned everyone.

Attachments

• 20190824_175152.jpg
    20190824_175152.jpg
    904.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 20190824_175143.jpg
    20190824_175143.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been a long time since I updated here so here goes.

In between work, life, and our prospects, I've been working through Fusion 360 and have a very solid handle on it. I've also been searching for a cheap option on a plasma cutter I could pass on to all of you. I was designing one but I found something even better. Been proven over and over and is built rock solid.

MechMate CNC Router - Build your own with our detailed plans

Have the full prints now, they are free, and working through a couple of possible changes. The moderator there is a little slow to approve accounts but he does get them done.

This will allow me to get things done faster once it is built.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread