Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1838918
Messing around with the larger flakes from my May digs. The water is too high to get to the good paydirt now :(
Nice flakes!
Early on in the pandemic i started getting "crafty" and I took gold from different places I've visited and put them in this display.

Notice that I put Colorado flour gold in the upper left corner, and the "Mass Picker" is just below that.

Also notice that I have five more spots to fill..... (Alaska, North Carolina, Maine, Oregon and....the Yukon? Those would be good additions.)

SYSQyfg.jpg

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very cool display Brian! I also like your aspirational list although I’d drop The Yukon in favor of British Columbia myself. So much public prospecting in BC!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice flakes!
Early on in the pandemic i started getting "crafty" and I took gold from different places I've visited and put them in this display.

Notice that I put Colorado flour gold in the upper left corner, and the "Mass Picker" is just below that.

Also notice that I have five more spots to fill..... (Alaska, North Carolina, Maine, Oregon and....the Yukon? Those would be good additions.)

View attachment 1839089

I used to do that too... :)
Until I came home one day and my vials were gone...
The X had knocked the display over while vacuuming and a lot of them broke on the wood floor. The gold vial stand and all broke... so she just kept vacuuming everything up and saved it for me to pan out when I got home... I had about 30 vials from all over, lots of different colors, etc... So it all went into an old antique gold case until I out grew that :)

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to do that too... :)
Until I came home one day and my vials were gone...
The X had knocked the display over while vacuuming and a lot of them broke on the wood floor. The gold vial stand and all broke... so she just kept vacuuming everything up and saved it for me to pan out when I got home... I had about 30 vials from all over, lots of different colors, etc... So it all went into an old antique gold case until I out grew that :)

Ouch Reed. Sorry to hear that. At least you were able to recover the gold! (or most of it).
You have me thinking, because my vials are on an upper shelf of my closet (oops did I just tell the world that? I don't have that much gold, for the record). I'm now wondering what would happen if i dropped the box they are in....

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yikes Reed!

My stuff is on a bottom shelf and in plastic. After the Alaska trip debacle where over a dozen vials froze and my gold ended up all mixed together, I’ve learned the no glass lesson pretty well!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1591546057.592827.jpg
Got out digging at the Fairplay Prospecting Park with “Diamond Miner Ivins” on a beautiful spring day. Also delivered books to two stores in that area to restock their shelves :)

The gold:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1591546281.660546.jpg

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can u check this for nuggets? LoL ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1592580468.217241.jpg
sorta pretty spot right?! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1592580517.262554.jpg
Making new friends over a gold pan [emoji177] ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1592580574.913235.jpg

...all of this last week in Lake County CO :)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
stuff i found in a creek this past week :)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1593271891.804343.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1593271928.970735.jpg

ultrafs

Jun 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The book came out on Amazon at the end of May. Since then I’ve sold over 1,250 copies via a mix of Amazon, Facebook and prospecting shops across Colorado. I’m just thrilled with the initial response to the book and the initial sales!

Kevin, I know this is an old post but those sales numbers are amazing. I'm sure they are much higher now and you deserve it. The book is fantastic in terms of content, layout, everything. Looking forward to meeting you someday. Steve

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin, I know this is an old post but those sales numbers are amazing. I'm sure they are much higher now and you deserve it. The book is fantastic in terms of content, layout, everything. Looking forward to meeting you someday. Steve

Thanks Steve! After two years on the market, I’ve sold almost 4,000 copies. In fact, last month 6/2020 was my 4th best month ever for sales...sorta made up for the big drop during the COVID shutdown I guess.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1595517984.027920.jpg
Found at The Rock Shop, here in CO masks are required (no I don’t care what you think about masks, don’t crap up my journal with opinions lol) and I love their little pun!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1595518149.510546.jpg
Intact hammer-mill at the Roosevelt Mine & mill near Pitkin CO last week. It ran until they used up the paying gold ore in the late 30’s.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1595811116.561801.jpg
The North London Mill. Its between Alma Colorado and Leadville at about 11,000 feet elevation. I was lucky enough to get a private tour yesterday.

It’s in rough shape, as you can see, but the state historical preservation fund (all money from gambling taxes) just agreed to spend $150K to stabilize the structure [emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1595811313.980537.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1595811329.581353.jpg

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1596504146.749850.jpg
Tram system, still in place at the North London Mill. I got permission to sample the creek (it’s private property) and found typical mill-outwash gold. Beautiful spot!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1596504228.985611.jpg

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You are pretty high up there Kevin. Is that Mosquito Pass in the background?

Heavy Pans

Good eye Barry! Yes, that’s Mosquito Pass just above us. We got up to about 12,000 feet, the top of the pass is still closed due to winter road damage.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1597118695.941555.jpg
Got out digging again on Saturday with a friend who works at the big Coors plant in Golden. So, free beer! Also good gold :)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1597544665.698545.jpg
0.3 grams from last Saturday on the Blue River. Always nice to have decent gold near home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread