Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another DIY .........This one is for fine gold.The sluice is a house gutter runoff thing.Think it cost 5 bucks. Most of That stuff in the ribbed mat is fine gold. :) 2011_0405Mttohuntdeer4th0002.JPG

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you have a video of it in action? I've never used a blue bowl but I understand the spinning water is what makes it work? Is it the bowl spinning or the water coming in causing the spin?

Here is video of a blue bowl..basics are the same.

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like my miller table, but definitely worth giving the angel food cake pan a try.

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Sdc 2300, gold monster 1000 gpx 6000.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my miller table, but definitely worth giving the angel food cake pan a try.
I’d love to diy either or both.
Just to much work not enough time to tinker much lol!
The pump I had lined up fell through so sometime soon I’ll end up seeing what quirky experimentations I can come up with.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice very nice!
It get the sub 100 ish? I have some black sands and all I need to
Classify, when inspected closely I see small gold in it. I also have found my disappointing paydirt does have a slight but more gold in it, but not much black sands at all. It’s a fun learning curve so far, but gets to be a certain size and a pan just isn’t cutting it. Now I see why people rerun paydirt and concentrates.

Yes. It gets the small stuff. Obviously if you are using it with a pump, adjustments will need to be made to pitch and flow but in the stream, it worked just fine honestly. Ask Kevin, he saw the gold i was dealing with back in GA haha.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another little DIY........ 001.JPG I constructed a few years ago.A little lumber,Some 1/4" chicken coop wire. Its Used to classify material for further processing(at home). In the field, Placing this classifier over a tarp I'll shovel material into it.Shake it,Then transfer the 1/4" material into a bucket.Its held up as good as new :)

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another little DIY........ View attachment 1572244 I constructed a few years ago.A little lumber,Some 1/4" chicken coop wire. Its Used to classify material for further processing(at home). In the field, Placing this classifier over a tarp I'll shovel material into it.Shake it,Then transfer the 1/4" material into a bucket.Its held up as good as new :)

For field use, I made a taller, more light weight one (1" square stock about 2' by 4') with folding legs to prop it up at an angle and then shovel onto it. If need be, the reject material can be re-shoveled. Easy to carry and beats the heck out of shaking.

Good luck

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread