Strange happening on video

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Several years ago we had a family get together at my mom's. One of my brothers videotaped something going on outside. He brought it in to play on the TV and all of a sudden the video went from color to black and white and was showing a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner from the 50's or 60's. There was no one we knew in that section and no one recognized the interior of the house in the video. After about 30 seconds it returned to color and to what my brother had taped with no interuption. We played the tape again with the same results. The tape he was using was new. Does anyone have any ideas?
And no we weren't drinking or smoking anything :laughing7:

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL. . .that is wild! I'm glad it was a benign tape instead of something funky. I wonder if someone bought the tape, used it, and then decided to return it to the store for a refund or either the company was selling refurbished tapes. Breezie

OP
OP
vayank54

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Breezie I guess it's possible it was a used tape sold as new. I hadn't thought of that.
Spooky, It was my brother's tape I don't know if he still has it or not. I had forgotten all about it until my mom mentioned it the other day.
I think it was VHS and I can't remember if he ran it through a VHS player or his camera.
The original part (one room) of my mom's house was built during the civil war and burnt shortly after. It was rebuilt and was added onto until the 1940's. The only other odd thing that has happened there is that several people have seen a big dog walking around upstairs when there was none there.
I actually figured you all might think I was nuts.
One other thing that happened. About a quarter mile down the road is a cemetery that dates back to about 1814. On night it was storming. Yes it was a dark and stormy night ;D Anyway we saw ball lightening hovering over the cemetery. It stayed for about a half hour then shot off across the field. That was in the late 60's or early 70's and that was the only time we ever saw it.

OP
OP
vayank54

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
The color part which my brother recorded was outside while the black and white part was inside ( of a house different from my mom's) and looked from the 50's or 60's by the people's hair and dress.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread