curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Thank you so much for posting this TJE...I really like it, beautiful place! OK...now it's story time...;)...you do realize that I/we need to know it's history and what happens in this very interesting place, of course, if you'd be willing to tell that is. I love old houses/places....spent my childhood growing up on the beach in a lovely old wooden, 2 story "black" house with a widows walk on top...so am fond of "water" houses/places. But our "water" house was very peaceful, was built by some old movie star and had a fun, non tragic history, so was "calm". But it's gone now, condos all on the beach front now.:( That's so wonderful that you're place is still there, I guess it's a "historical" place so protected......so...keeping my fingers crossed that we get to hear about "The Anchor Inn"...funny, I use to live on "Anchorage st." on the beach.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Thank you so much for posting this TJE...I really like it, beautiful place! OK...now it's story time...;)...you do realize that I/we need to know it's history and what happens in this very interesting place, of course, if you'd be willing to tell that is. I love old houses/places....spent my childhood growing up on the beach in a lovely old wooden, 2 story "black" house with a widows walk on top...so am fond of "water" houses/places. But our "water" house was very peaceful, was built by some old movie star and had a fun, non tragic history, so was "calm". But it's gone now, condos all on the beach front now.:( That's so wonderful that you're place is still there, I guess it's a "historical" place so protected......so...keeping my fingers crossed that we get to hear about "The Anchor Inn"...funny, I use to live on "Anchorage st." on the beach.
Didn't know Alaska had beaches CK! heh heh ;) ....this place (archives say) was built in the 1860's, but not of wood, it (original house) has 2 feet thick stone walls! (you can actually stand-up on/inside the interior window sills!) One story has it (don't quote me on this, but an old newspaper says).. built by Charles C. Jones..descendant of a brother of Tecumseh, Kegadance .
Yet, a man well known & wealthy back then (he owned a sawmill infront here on the shore of this place he built)..moved from here/Anchor Inn and built "Mcneals Mansion" (don't know if 'Mcneals' is spelled right)...And, that place is the other historic haunted mansion! bet people here on TNET could find more info than me! haa! :) Anyway, lots goes on here!...relate some later CK....gotta eat! long quarry day. :)

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alaska...that would be a very "cool" beach house...buurrr...lol Our Anchorage was in CA, not to far from Santa Monica. Wow...your place sounds pretty amazing, with walls like that...even "castle" like. With the info. you provided I'll be doing some research on it to! Yes, please...do tell some of what goes on there when you have the time, sounds very interesting & would really like to hear it. Hope it's not as scary as your nightmare giant sea creatures you find in the quarry...kidding...you find some Great things...how it that going by the way? Well....thanks again TJE...another post I'm looking forward to! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread