Man claims to have found Bigfoot skull

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Man claims to have found Bigfoot skull

By Claire Kowalick of the Times Record News

W0013867441--161985.JPG

W0013867451--332642.JPG

While on a hike near his home in Ogden, Utah, Todd May felt himself drawn toward something. "I would go out there often and find things, fossils, rocks. I looked around for about half an hour, then I saw it."

What May saw was a 75-pound object he claims is the fossilized head of a Bigfoot. The Bigfoot, known to some as Sasquatch, is a fabled apelike creature that has been spotted hundreds of time in the Northwestern United States.

Living in a hot spot for Bigfoot sightings, May said he had been interested in the mythological creature all his life.

In the past few years, he claims to have seen at least two different creatures that he believes are Bigfoots.

"The first time I saw one I was startled, it looked like an ape from the zoo," he said. The creature appeared out of nowhere and then ran off a few seconds after the man and creature made eye contact — he says.

After the first spotting of a Bigfoot, May had started visiting the Ogden Canyon area more, hoping for another glimpse.

He would visit a hot springs in the area and often felt someone — or something — pegging him with rocks.

"I just thought it was kids, but then my friend was playing her flute outside and had a couple of witnesses who saw the Bigfoot," May said.

"The red-furred one was a lot bigger and it spooked me more," May said of the second creature he spotted about a year later.

It was night time and May was hiking through the wilderness with a flashlight.

"I heard across the river someone say, 'Oh my God! It's a monster!'" He flashed his light around and the beam fell upon the face of an eight-to ten-foot tall red-furred ape-like creature, he said. It was about 20 feet away, he estimates, it stared at him then slowly walked off.

A couple months later, May saw in the same area and spotted what appeared to be a handprint on top of a rounded surface. He dug the large object out of the surrounding dirt and saw a familiar face.

"It had the same facial structure as the creatures I had seen," he said.

Since finding the object in 2013, May said he's had hundreds of people weigh in on their opinion about his finding.

"There's haters out there, other Bigfoot enthusiasts that don't like that I found something first," May said. People have noted the opinion of a Utah professor when the story first appeared who said the object was just a rock. "But that professor just saw the picture that was in the paper, he never saw it in person. When you actually see it, you can't help but see that it's a face," May said.

Midwestern State University Assistant Professor Jesse Carlucci, Kimball School of Geoscience, said after viewing the object is, without a doubt, just a highly weathered rock.

"Often, the natural fractures or joints in the rock are sites of increased weathering (chemical breakdown of the rock, as they interact with rainwater), where you have these types of depressions form. It's not Bigfoot!" he said.

Fossil skulls, the professor said, are extremely fragile, and are made of bone, which has a very different texture and composition than a rock like this.

May is still on the road with his Foot finding, hoping to get the word out to whoever will listen that the world is more mysterious than we could ever know. He stopped by the Times Record News unannounced Thursday morning, one head on his shoulders and another in a storage bin.

"I don't know where I'm going next, but people need to see this and know Big Foots are real and they out there," May said.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I have a two year old daughter who thinks every stone she picks up is a gem as well. Perhaps she will out grow it or perhaps she will study rocks and such when she is older. I can not think she will be a full blown idiot enough to think she one day may find Tinker Bells arm though, but if she does then like any good parent would I will let her know she is full of crap, and then I will come back here and find this thread as I am sure it will have grown some by then and let her read what everyone has to say about idiots with rocks.

Bigfoot, please. We are humans, the best at killing anything and everything at least once or twice. So if it existed, then I am pretty sure someone would have shot one by now just as I am sure that someone would have slept with one by now, just as I am sure someone would have declared rights for one by now as well and tried to teach it about God.

Someone should send this fella an invite here so he can post it for some identification.

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a big rock to me also.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed... big... ugly... rock.

Errrr wait...

Perhaps...

A big ugly ... Boulder. :P

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Yeah I have a two year old daughter who thinks every stone she picks up is a gem as well. Perhaps she will out grow it or perhaps she will study rocks and such when she is older. I can not think she will be a full blown idiot enough to think she one day may find Tinker Bells arm though, but if she does then like any good parent would I will let her know she is full of crap, and then I will come back here and find this thread as I am sure it will have grown some by then and let her read what everyone has to say about idiots with rocks.

Bigfoot, please. We are humans, the best at killing anything and everything at least once or twice. So if it existed, then I am pretty sure someone would have shot one by now just as I am sure that someone would have slept with one by now, just as I am sure someone would have declared rights for one by now as well and tried to teach it about God.

Someone should send this fella an invite here so he can post it for some identification.

Not to try to change your mind, but quite a few witnesses have claimed to have shot a Bigfoot, most often not killing it; and one researcher stated that based on his research, an average of one or two Bigfoot are killed by humans every year, and in every case, after having killed it, the person having shot the creatures became so frightened of having committed MURDER that they dispose of the bodies rather than try to bring it in.

This makes sense to me, the most recent case I know of was up on the Seward peninsula where a man shot a Bigfoot and killed it, but after seeing it up close thought it was much too HUMAN looking, so he pushed the carcass into the river to get rid of it.

Science is only starting to catch up with the human family tree, remember it was only a few years ago when the now famous "Hobbit" people were discovered (Homo Floresiensis) in remote islands of SE Asia, and another branch of our family tree was found in Central Asia now named Denisovan man, and even more recently Homo Nadeli was found in S Africa. The Hobbit people were quite small, smaller than pygmies, and lived very primitive lifestyles. Is it SO farfetched that we may have another species of humans, which are giants when compared to us? As for their being hair covered, well we humans have the same number of body hairs as a Chimpanzee, however our hairs have become so fine and soft that we do not appear hairy.

Within the recent past, entire herds of elephants were discovered living on an island, previously unknown, the Woods Bison was long thought extinct until some 40,000 of them were found living happily in northern Alberta, and the Giant Squid was long thought to be just the stuff of drunken sailors tales until several dead ones were recovered. Look at the Chupacabra story, which sounded ridiculous to many folks, up until several were killed in Texas and found to be a strange new hybrid species of hairless canines; in this area where I live we have the Shunka Warakin, and of course our skeptics were happy to dismiss the story of a large, vicious critter with a hoglike snout, front legs longer than the back legs, stripes on its back, as tall tales, even though one was shot and preserved in a museum in Montana and a few years ago two more were shot after killing quite a number of sheep and calves. In other words just keep an open mind; after all, it is not like Bigfoot is NOT being detected, just the opposite, people are encountering Bigfoot literally hundreds of times per year, and the witnesses invariably have very similar descriptions of what they saw. It can not be that so many people, often with plenty of experience as woodsmen, are mistaking bears for Sasquatch.

All that said, have to agree on that rock; it sure does not look like a fossil skull or head to me. :dontknow:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I tend to stick with what is on the palaeo-record; even the one of a kind oddities theorized and speculated over from education professionals to that weird haired tard on the Discovery Channel who tends to be expert in everything that has never existed.

Some people can think your way; I could not if I tried, I work on facts and evidence, and I follow that; from my first PhD to my third, through my military career to my current career with 64 countries I have worked in. That is just how I am set up.

But also I come from a very large ranching background; not that I followed that path, but those wealthy cowboys just love shooting stuff. Members of my family have traveled all over the world to kill things and bring back the trophy. Never once did someone bring home a bigfoot anything. Our kind tend to work together as well, and not one of them every tagged a bigfoot; me I was never much into killing animals unless it was for meat, so I took another career path and through out my many years I have never once seen a single thing in any nation that came close to a bigfoot. Trust me if I would have I would have certainly either tamed it, fought it or killed it; but I am a nice guy, would have gave bigfoot the choice, LOL

I have no idea where, when or how all this bigfoot stuff started, but I am certain that if one really existed or was thought to even be plausible then those who hunt would have dropped one by now. People spend hundreds of thousands to hunt and track animals, from 2005-2007 you could hunt terrorist in the Ghan and northern Pakistan for 200K a ticket; then hunting Pirates where the new trend for only 100K per ticket and it was much more safe. Now the new trend is taking down major criminal organization leadership and that can sell for anything from 500K to 2 million bucks for that Intel and the Operators.

The circle that loves to hunt, or the thrill of the hunt is not a tight group by any means. Death sells; heck it can be straight up fun in some cases. So had even one person truly dropped a bigfoot and could prove it then it would be on the menu; companies like Jellyfish, BSC, Sting Executive and all the other known black listed firms for providing odd hunting trips would be listing this.

Its on no ones menu.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Yeah I tend to stick with what is on the palaeo-record; even the one of a kind oddities theorized and speculated over from education professionals to that weird haired tard on the Discovery Channel who tends to be expert in everything that has never existed.

Some people can think your way; I could not if I tried, I work on facts and evidence, and I follow that; from my first PhD to my third, through my military career to my current career with 64 countries I have worked in. That is just how I am set up.

But also I come from a very large ranching background; not that I followed that path, but those wealthy cowboys just love shooting stuff. Members of my family have traveled all over the world to kill things and bring back the trophy. Never once did someone bring home a bigfoot anything. Our kind tend to work together as well, and not one of them every tagged a bigfoot; me I was never much into killing animals unless it was for meat, so I took another career path and through out my many years I have never once seen a single thing in any nation that came close to a bigfoot. Trust me if I would have I would have certainly either tamed it, fought it or killed it; but I am a nice guy, would have gave bigfoot the choice, LOL

I have no idea where, when or how all this bigfoot stuff started, but I am certain that if one really existed or was thought to even be plausible then those who hunt would have dropped one by now. People spend hundreds of thousands to hunt and track animals, from 2005-2007 you could hunt terrorist in the Ghan and northern Pakistan for 200K a ticket; then hunting Pirates where the new trend for only 100K per ticket and it was much more safe. Now the new trend is taking down major criminal organization leadership and that can sell for anything from 500K to 2 million bucks for that Intel and the Operators.

The circle that loves to hunt, or the thrill of the hunt is not a tight group by any means. Death sells; heck it can be straight up fun in some cases. So had even one person truly dropped a bigfoot and could prove it then it would be on the menu; companies like Jellyfish, BSC, Sting Executive and all the other known black listed firms for providing odd hunting trips would be listing this.

Its on no ones menu.

Very good logic amigo, and my compliments on your excellent education. I do not know what you mean by "thinking like me" as I am not speculating in the field of pixies and magic dust, there really are some solid pieces of evidence and I don't discount eyewitness reports. As a well educated person, you very wisely approach a subject only on the strongest possible grounds, solid evidence.

I would also expect that since you are an educated person, you do not automatically dismiss any phenomenon out of hand. So in reality you are keeping an open mind, just not so open that your brains fall out as the joke goes. The fact that you are here on this thread about an alleged "fossil head" of a Bigfoot proves that you have at least enough interest to read about it. I am not sure why you mentioned your education, may I ask what field(s) your degrees are in? Thanks in advance on that.

Your point about hunters should have killed one and tagged it, seems a logical one. If this thing we call a Bigfoot were just a large ape, as one theory has it, then this should have happened. Apes are intelligent but not THAT intelligent. Even so, it is less than 100 years since we (modern people) discovered the mountain gorilla, the Bonobo ape, and now another sort of 'giant Chimp' often called the Bili Ape. These giant chimpanzees (for they closely resemble chimps, yet stand six feet tall and have been seen hunting down lions to kill and eat them, and show NO fear of humans) were another tale to be scoffed at, laughed at and ridiculed until recently when researchers have managed to photograph them in the wild. As far as I know, no one has yet managed to obtain a dead one or a live one. Yet being the key word.

As you like to consider things we have in the 'official' fossil record, we might note that there is indeed a giant primate that could fit the descriptions of Bigfoot in Gigantopithecus:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus

Gigantopithecus Blacki stood up to 10 feet tall and weighed as much as 1200 pounds. Their remains are not found in the fossil record after about 100,000 years ago, but this does not prove they are actually extinct either. Other species were long thought to be extinct until living specimens turned up, as with the now famous fish Coelecanth.

And while giant humans are officially scorned by academia, not so many years ago two species were studied and written about, namely Gigantanthropus and Meganthropus, both of which would be certainly very good candidates to fit what Bigfoot seems to be. I am aware that modern academics tend to dismiss and ignore these two species, but have to disagree with their reasons.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meganthropus

Just to whet your appetite, here are a few interesting links, food for thought perhaps?:
The Bili ape
Bili Apes - Giant Lion-Eating Chimp (Chimpanzee) Subspecies - Science HeathenScience Heathen

Older Bigfoot sighting reports for Alaska:
Bigfoot: Older Reports in Alaska...some very gruesom...

note that people have been attacked by them, and especially note the 1966 Kobuk river incident, which is very similar to what happened a few years ago on a river NW of Nome. They do get shot and killed, just that those whom have killed a Bigfoot do not want to be convicted for murder so they dispose of the remains in every case so far except one, the Ape Canyon incident and in that case the body fell down a ravine, and may have been removed by other Bigfoot we just don't know.
1924 - Ape Canyon

SOME serious professional academics are finally joining in researching the Bigfoot phenomenon, like professor Jeff Meldrum for one and Dr Melba Ketchum, whose DNA study concluded that Bigfoot are not only real, they are a type of humans. Unfortunately we have people making fake footprints and 'fossil heads' to try for fame or laughs, which does nothing to further research.

Good luck and good hunting to you all, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
SOME serious professional academics are finally joining in researching the Bigfoot phenomenon, like professor Jeff Meldrum for one and Dr Melba Ketchum, whose DNA study concluded that Bigfoot are not only real, they are a type of humans. Unfortunately we have people making fake footprints and 'fossil heads' to try for fame or laughs, which does nothing to further research.

Good luck and good hunting to you all, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

The suppression of "facts and evidence" is every bit as destructive as the rampant hoaxing that has occurred in certain fields of human knowledge. Where the former is done to preserve dogma for a variety of reasons, and the latter is also done for a variety of reasons, the result has the same unfortunate outcome: a clouding of the truth. Pick a field: history, religion, anthropology, archaeology, et al. The pattern is clear. Anomalies always challenge the current status quo. When the anomalies are reconciled, the status quo changes. It's a slow process.

When the discussion turns to Bigfoot, people are generally polarized. At this point in history, acceptance by the general public hinges on, basically, the 1967 Patterson-Gimlin film and a wealth of historical and modern anecdotal testimony, some of it undoubtedly false, but some of it difficult to ignore. The lack of samples of the creatures' physical remains is not proof that it does not exist, IMO. Anecdotal testimony has spawned world religions in the past, but is also no proof of any premise it argues for - including Bigfoot. My personal stance: I feel the PG film is likely authentic; and the best anecdotal testimony that I'm familiar with is from my reliable exploring partner of 40 years, who, recalling his harrowing experience in the late 60s, says, "I don't have to be convinced. I know it's real."

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it looked like bigfoot holding a rock.

Sooo, that rock is supposed to be a bigfoot skull????

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread