Gypsy Camp Hungarian Stolen Cheeken Soup TYUKLEVES

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
....or Mama I Died and Went to Heaven Soup

First you must steel a beeg fat cheeken.Must be fat...No skeeny cheekens in this dish. Yah. Why you must steel cheeken? No one knows...handed down recipe for many generations.This is why gypsy's camp near cheeken farm . Then you keel that cheeken. You keel it good and offer prayer....Perhaps prayer go something like thees. "Thank Heavens I camp by farmer with lots of fat cheekens,Amen"
Then you boil beeg pot of water on the campfire.You chop up celery and onion .Put in pot and with cheeken. Then you paprika till broth is red! You say another prayer now. Perhaps it go something like theese. Thank Heaven Chicken farmer also have nice garden,Amen."
Then you gather all cheeldren from camp and you say we make noodles.Yah. You take
1 cup flour, 1 egg 1 TBSP oil and peench of salt
Mix together and roll out on beeg floured board. Roll dough out to about 1/4 inch thick. You take very sharp knife out of your garter and cut the noodles into long strips and then cut strips into 3 inch pieces.Leetle gypsy cheeldren take noodles to drying board and spread out to dry.
Then you check cheeken. Add more wood to fire to keep cheeken simmering good.. Many good smells coming from cheeken pot. Drifting over entire camp. Wakes up all the lazy good for nothing men. They say "Mama....when that good cheeken soup going to be done?" You take time for another prayer. It perhaps goes like theese. "Thank Heavens for no good gypsy men Amen."
Then the cheeken is falling off the bone, you remove pot from fire. There will be a good layer of floating grease on top of pot. Skim thees off and put in dish. Drain the broth and pour into another pot. save onions and celery. Take all chicken from the bone . In the broth pot add a leetle salt. Add more wood to fire and bring that broth to a boil and drop the noodles into it. They float when done. Remove noodles to beeg bowl. Then take deboned cheeken pieces ,celery and onions back into broth. Take 1 pint of good rich sour cream and 1 pint of pure cream and put into pot. Oh my Heavens,things looking real good now. You say another quick prayer. Perhaps"Thank Heavens farmer had nice fat milk cow also.Amen ".Make sure you have added enough paprika. Then take that hot grease that you removed before and pour back into pot. Let simmer for 1 hour.
Wake up lazy no good men from camp and and call all the leetle cheeldren. You say "Bring your bowls . Take noodles and put into bowls and spoon the cheecken soup over them. Oh Boy, everybody in camp loving life now .Best thing , soup taste better the next day

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OMG, Gypsy's tipsy.......again. Homemade noodles are the best. I've made cheeken soup with homemade noodles many times but never from a stolen cheeken or with sour cream and cream before. I'm going to try it. Thanks, gypsygirl. :-*

Attachments

• two-girls-hen.jpg
    two-girls-hen.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,812
OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Mona Lisa said:
OMG, Gypsy's tipsy.......again. Homemade noodles are the best. I've made cheeken soup with homemade noodles many times but never from a stolen cheeken or with sour cream and cream before. I'm going to try it. Thanks, gypsygirl. :-*

It helps if you read the recipe with a heavy Hungarian Accent Hahahaha

Attachments

• Gypsy and Mona.jpg
    Gypsy and Mona.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 433

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
mmmmmm... I made the recipee. But unfortunatley the farmer i took the chiken from is quite pissed. I had to change the prayers to pray for my life instead. Tasted great thoe!

-CC

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Gypsy,
How does anyone know that it tastes better the next day? At the old bare's cave there would be nothing left after the first day!
Sounds delicious and loved your story.

Jim Johnson
grizzly bare

Z

ZipDogg

Laww-DEE, kiss my gritsz and hit tuh Save As button.

We'a gwanna eat good tuhnite !! :D ;D

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lil Gyps said:
Mama i promise to steeeel the cheeken if u will make me the soup....... ::)
Well certainly in this case....the leaf didn't fall far from the tree...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions