For the Upcoming St. Patricks Day - Cornbeef & Cabbage

M

MiniMe

For the Upcoming St. Patricks Day - Cornbeef & Cabbage

We make this every St. Pat's day and for special occasions. I love it because it's all cooked in one large stock pot and it tastes so good.

1-1/2 Tbs. Pickling Spice
Cheese Cloth
3/4 cup White Vinegar
3 lbs. Red Potatoes
2 small or 1 large head of Cabbage
2-1/2 lb. or more flat cut Corn Beef

Place cornbeef in a large (12 qt.-16 qt.) stock pot. Fill pot with water to 2 inches below handles. Add vinegar. Put pickling spice in cheese cloth (tie off like a ball) and throw in pot. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer the corn beef for 3 hours. Skim fat off top of water throughout cooking. After meat is done, remove corn beef and warp in saran wrap. Punch a few holes in wrap and set aside. Do not empty pot; keep pickling spice ball in water. Core and cut cabbage into quarters and put in to pan. Boil for 45 minutes. Add whole red potatoes into pan and boil another 25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Unwrap the corn beef and put back in pan to warm. When warm (approximately 20 minutes) remove corn beef and thinly slice across the grain. After plating your food, spoon some of the juice from the pan over the entire plate of potatoes & cabbage. This is a family favorite.

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Re: For the Upcoming St. Patricks Day - Cornbeef & Cabbage

Since St. Patrick's day is coming soon, thought I'd bring this back around.

Here ya go Wesfrye53.....I never forget cornbeef and cabbage - posted last year.

Enjoy!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread