Coconut shrimp bowl

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
OK, so this is more of an idea than a recipe. I whipped it up tonight and both Randy and I really enjoyed it!

Start off by cooking up some rice.

While thats going, pan fry some coconut shrimp. I use plenty of oil (about 1/8th inch in the bottom of the pan) Fry about 2-3 minutes, turning several times. Pull out the shrimp and set aside on a paper towel, to soak up some of the extra oil.

With the oil still hot, and some of the coconut droppings still in it, stir fry some pea pods, carrot slivers, water chestnuts, and mushrooms. Drain through a collander to get rid of the extra oil. Place veggies back in the pan and add 2-3 tablespoons of Teryaki sauce and stir quickly for about 30 seconds.

Spoon the rice into bowls, and veggies on top, and layer the shrimp on top of that. We used a marmalade sauce for dipping the shrimp in, but I also like a cocktail sauce with a little extra lemon thrown in.

I used frozen prepared stuff right from the grocery freezer and the whole thing was done in 20 minutes.... Quick and delicious!

Probably so much better from scratch, I'll have to try it when I have more time. :)

M

MiniMe

Very creative...dinner in 20 minutes...sounds good to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread