CRAB & BAY SHRIMP STUFFED MUSHROOMS ~ UPDATE

S

stefen

CRAB & BAY SHRIMP STUFFED MUSHROOMS ~ UPDATE

In lieu of having Crab Cakes (or Shrimp), we enjoy medium size stuffed Portabella mushrooms for a light summer dinner:

2 Cans of Crab (or Shrimp) meat
1 Egg
2 Garlic cloves
1/4 cup Chopped Bermuda Onion (Red) (Sauted)
1/4 cup Chopped celery
1/4 cup Chopped Portabella mushroom stems
(Sauted)
1/2 cup Corn Meal Stuffing (Crumbled Corn Bread is better) (been know to use hotdog buns or whatever is around)
8 Medium Portabella Mushrooms (2 to 3 inch round)

Place mushrooms on a cookie sheet (Maria Callendar Pie Tin) and sprinkle with Virgin Olive Oil.

Mix Crab meat, egg, garlic, onion and corn meal and stuff each mushroom.

Add Salt and pepper

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until a golden brown crust is formed

(Note, we make crab cakes with any leftover mix...which can be saved and used for Eggs Benedics the next morning)

2 Servings

Enjoy

T

trish76642

Re: Crab & Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms

Thanks Stefen
Ive been wanting a stuffed mushroom recipe, and im definately gonna try this one, seems pretty easy. I bet they are delicious!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ok am going to definetly gonna try this..I love crab, and catch my own blue claws too.. yessssssss and thank you

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds inviting...too bad I don't like mushrooms....well there was this mushroom one time growing out in a cow pasture....hmmmm

OP
OP
S

stefen

Cristina and I fix this every so often for dinner along with a salad or mixed fruit.

And as stated, the leftover mix is used to make crab cakes which we will use to make Eggs Benedict the next morning...sometimes Cris packs the leftover cakes for her work lunch.

The Benedict's are nothing more than poached eggs over crab cakes over toasted water bagel or English muffins topped with a hollandaise sauce. Ummmm

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, that sounds VERY good stefen...
Thanks for the recipe!!

Bran <><

OP
OP
S

stefen

Friday, Cristina and I found a pair of portabella mushrooms that were, without exageration, about the size of sauscers. Brought them home paired with a couple artichokes and stuffed the rooms with lump crab...

Stuffed ourselves and literally couldn't eat the artichokes.

Later found that this was better than eating a dozen oysters...usually only 6 to 8 of the oysters work ;D

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

stefen said:
Friday, Cristina and I found a pair of portabella mushrooms that were, without exageration, about the size of sauscers. Brought them home paired with a couple artichokes and stuffed the rooms with lump crab...

Stuffed ourselves and literally couldn't eat the artichokes.

Later found that this was better than eating a dozen oysters...usually only 6 to 8 of the oysters work ;D

Well, I was gonna stop on the way home and get the fixins but now that you added the benefits of the meal I'm not sure I wanna get a blow-up doll for dessert. :dontknow:

OP
OP
S

stefen

Geez boy. Can't solve all of the problems.

Make a half order and limp along ;D

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Stefen,

I made your Stuffed Mushrooms tonight. I altered your recipe just a bit; drizzled basil-infused olive oil on the Portobellos, used a Vidalia instead of Bermuda onion, added a couple dashes of hot sauce to the stuffing mixture, and topped the fixins with shredded Parmesan cheese. Outstanding! :tongue3:

Here's a pic of my creations:

Crab-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.JPG

Thanks so much for posting this. Really easy to make and fabulous taste!

Oh....will be taking a cold, cold shower soon ::)

OP
OP
S

stefen

Looks fantastic...ya did a good job there son.

Glad you took the time to take the picture and enjoy your creation. Oops. I mean master peice...sorry, I mean food. ;D

Next time, send picture of blow-up doll ;D

OP
OP
S

stefen

;D

Attachments

• Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 380
  • Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 377
OP
OP
S

stefen

Re: CRAB & BAY SHRIMP STUFFED MUSHROOMS ~ UPDATE

As with most of our kitchen creations, we alter the recipe based on whatever ingredients we have on hand.

Just recently used crumbled corn bread and the results were night and day from using corn meal...

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro

Sounds similar to one that ran in the Oregon Mycological Society Cookbook. I'm thinking of adding a few slices of dried Oregon White truffles to that, or maybe putting them in the Hollandaise just before adding to the mushrooms. Sounds GOOD!

OP
OP
S

stefen

Fortunately, the recipe is considered a baseline...

Add or subtract ingredients to your liking...

Fun to experiment...

OP
OP
S

stefen

Recently we cleaned out our cupboards and pantry and stuffed way in the back of a bottom shelf we found a mini-Black n Decker blender....about the size of a coffee cup...

Long story short, I used the blender to chop all of the ingrediants for the stuffing...used some Lump Crab, added an egg and chopped hotdog buns...spatulated fixins into 2 - 6 inch diameter giant portabellas....baked for 30 minutes...topped with a 3-cheese blend and rebaked for another 10 minutes...WOW

Used Wesfreys picture...doesn't get any better than this...

Attachments

• BLENDER.jpg
    BLENDER.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 277
  • Crab-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.JPG
    Crab-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 523

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread