Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oklahoma Treasures and Treasure Tales by Steve Wilson, U of Okla Press, 1976. Stories, legends, pictures and maps of Treasure tales and buried loot in Oklahoma. Fascinating look at detecting possibility's in Oklahoma. I'm especially interested in the Panhandle area along Texas. No law there until the 1890's or so and bandits hid there and could still be treasure there. A+
BB

is.php

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Buffalo Bob!! Very good book, and one of my favorites, bein from Oklahoma. You can not read that and not head out in the field. Steve's brother George told me that Steve Wilson wrote to J. Frank Dobie and Dobie told him the real gold in treasure was in writin about it. It's an inspirational book, and one I'm still readin through durin the long winters up here.

Lil Nick

Mar 6, 2008
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I have read through that book several times. Me and my little man got out of the house today and were driving around and wound up stopping in Petersburg, Ok. The family that lives on the property are wonderful people and was sad while talking to the woman of the house to learn that her husband is now in a nursing home. I have been there 2 times before this and just did more walking around and looking without the metal detector than anything else. Today we took the 22 rifles with us and my little man took out 3 armadillos from the property. I did metal detect for about 30 minutes and came up with 8 old nails and the lead from a bullet. I don't know how old the lead is but it looked old to me. All in all it was a great day to be out and about. I will be going back again with some friends and metal detectors as soon as we can get free to go there. The lady at the house did tell me that there was several men there with detectors not to long ago and they found a v nickel. That is a very informative book.

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lil Nick, haven't been to OK yet as I planned to do one day. We especially want to visit the museums in Tulsa area. We don't travel close through the State, have to make a special trip out of it. Maybe this year! And I'm dreaming of that outlaw gold too. :)
BB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions