Digging Deep

C

Cappy Z.

This will sound rather generic and common, but it's an idea I have struggled with for years. Recently I spoke with a treasure hunter and he acknowledged that certain treasures are in fact deep, like three, four, six feet deep. Most of all MDers don;t think in terms of footage this deep. I saw a photo of my acquaintance digging a hole from which he actually removed real treasure. He was standing up to his armpits in the hole before hitting paydirt. I suspect as technology develops there will come a second revolution of treasure hunting as when the first MD was used just after WWII.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you a 100% I am sure there where those that if they had the time an the ability to bury their treasure deeply they would an like everything else around treasure ,they died or where killed before it was ever collected an its just sitting there waiting for that one lucky person to be in the right spot at the right time at the right angle to hear that signal an to dig it .

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy Z. said:
This will sound rather generic and common, but it's an idea I have struggled with for years. Recently I spoke with a treasure hunter and he acknowledged that certain treasures are in fact deep, like three, four, six feet deep. Most of all MDers don;t think in terms of footage this deep. I saw a photo of my acquaintance digging a hole from which he actually removed real treasure. He was standing up to his armpits in the hole before hitting paydirt. I suspect as technology develops there will come a second revolution of treasure hunting as when the first MD was used just after WWII.

He was probably digging a hut, cellar hole, trash dump etc.. Detectors will never be that deep or good. You simply just need a detector to find the spot, then start digging.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Iron Patch also, he must have found an old foundation and started digging up a cellar, or basement. There is no way to go to any area and randomly dig a 4' hole and start pulling out treasure, unless you had prior knowledge as to what might be there.

K

Kentucky Kache

Some say you can do this with dowsing. I don't know. As far as depth of caches, some were stashed away as personal banks, to be drawn from as needed. These caches would have to be a little shallower that arms length, so the owner could grab the jars/pots. There are probably other caches that are deeper, but not all. You not only need a machine that will go deep, but one that is also good at going through rock, as these caches will sometimes have a slab covering them.

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If a person needed to go really deep, couldn't they get a two box type of detector like the TF-900. I was reading on one site that it can locate a soda can at 3ft and larger items much deeper.

HH,
Doug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread