ground penetrating radar

mark 79

Sep 25, 2011
Hi Everybody,

My name is Mark and im a new to this forum and a treasure hunting.
I have been searching for a machine that could tell me how deep old buried relics would be.
There is a place that im suspecting old relics buried.
im thinking its buried between 18-30 feet but not sure.
Is there anyone out there could recommend me a penetrating radar or metal detector would be able to tell how deep is the buried relic is with some kind of 2D or 3D images ?

Thank you

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Mark, You have to give more information. What is the relic made of? How big is the relic? What type of soil is it in? How long has it been down there. Now consider this, 18-30' of dept requires heavy earth moving equipment. Back to the GPR. It can see that far into most types of ground, but you have to be experienced to interplate the readings. They aren't pictures. to the average person they just look like a bunch of lines. Now are the relics worth all that? If so you can rent the GPR unit with an operator. You can also rent the earth moving equipment with operators. Frank

OP
OP
M

mark 79

Sep 25, 2011
Hey Frank thanks for your response.
We are thinking relics are gold or silver or both and it should be anywhere between 100-150 pounds buried 200-250 years ago.
i think after they buried the gold they covered it up with somekind of concrete rocks on top of the treasure.
The place im talking about is in eastern europe so i have to buy gpr from here and take it back there.
i dont think there are any rental gpr's out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread