relic hunting settings

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hunt in all metal and dig it all. You'll dig nails and such, but you won't miss anything good either.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here are the settings I use on my MXT PRO. These are the settings that I use in the hot soil of Virginia and even in the good ground here in Tennessee. I use Relic Mode and turn the discriminate all the way down. You want to hear every target. I run the gain as hot as I can stand it, usually around +2 or +3. On the tone ID press the musical notes on the display to the third option IRON ID. Threshold is at a slight hum. Now here in Tennessee the bullets and buttons will give a high tone but in the hot soil of Virginia, especially around Culpeper, they all read and sound as iron. You have to dig every target there. I was getting bullets only an inch deep that were sounding like iron. They will only give a high tone when you lay them on top of the ground but once it is covered by that soil the high tone goes away. I hope that his helps you. It really helped me a lot. Relic hunting is very addictive and is my favorite. Good luck and I can't wait to see what you find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions