hot,sand desert,north africa,what best metal detectr for relics 2up,from 1" to 6

anobis

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hot,sand desert,north africa,what best metal detectr for relics 2''up,from 1" to 6'

hi evryone I am new here,
I am going to Africa after around 20 days,it is very dry sand desert,hot weather
artifacts around 10 inch to 6 feets depth,some of them made of copper rarly made of Gold or silver
looking for relics size rang from coin size to a 2 inch statue to a cane of beer size to a medium to large metalic dish.
it is buried for at least few hundred years.
it is legal search,using the metal detector will be as a trial for getting good result.

first question : is that desert consedered as mineralized soil or not ?as I am confused of using the regular round coils whis is strong in non mineralized soil or using the DD coil.
second question:what would be the best metal detector and what size of coil it would be?

a friend of mine adviced to use 2 diffrent metal detector,one for shalow ( Tesoro Tejon,ACE250 or ACE 350,or Garrett pro AT)
the second metal detector is the 2 box metal detectr like ( fisher gemini III or White's TM808)

by the way which one is beter whites TM808 or Gemini III?
Please advice me as it will take long time to order these items and get it delivered.
Thank you evry one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread