Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't even make it through a 30 second promo

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am up for anyone to make it on TV.... to promote the 'metal detecting' hobby....

but Rick Savage... the former professional wrestler has made that show about as 'fake' as professional wrestling....LOL

--bad acting
--planted/seeded relics and finds
--destructive nature
--inflated values of finds
--bad/improper use of equipment

I guess if you believe 'professional wrestling' is real and not entertainment.... you believe American Diggers is real and not entertainment....

LCrebel

Jun 27, 2011
Rick savage is pretty much making it hard on all of us relic hunters who have to go up to home owners and ask permision to hunt there property. No land owner wants to see construction equipment being used to dig relics on there property! now they have it in there heads that the standard rate is a 80/20 split! I wish they wouldn't even air these shows. It brings out the bad IMO! The way it comes out on TV makes people believe we are only in it for some fast cash! I find it hard to sell something I worked so hard to find with history.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
100% fake. Planted relics, inflated prices, bad acting. Hurts the hobby but those guys don't care at all. Savage wrote an article for the magazine about how to spot fakes. What a joke. My son says that the only thing he ever found was a Chinese buffet! Tennessee digger

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ric Sausage can kiss my bender.

boomsausage.jpg

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Equinox 600, GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can't help but wonder if Rick Savage knows that he has become an anathema to the MD community. I read multiple forums and not a one has anything good to say about him. His second attempt at TV stardom just blew up in his face and but I don't think he'll be saying "BOOM BABY" at the end result.

WC68

Apr 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fever87 said:
I can't help but wonder if Rick Savage knows that he has become an anathema to the MD community. I read multiple forums and not a one has anything good to say about him. His second attempt at TV stardom just blew up in his face and but I don't think he'll be saying "BOOM BABY" at the end result.

Do you really think he cares?
Uuumm, folks Rick Savage has not interest in MDing. Rick Savage is an "entertainer" and I use the term loosely.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

WC68

Apr 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WC68 said:
Do you really think he cares?
Uuumm, folks Rick Savage has no interest in MDing. Rick Savage is an "entertainer" and I use the term loosely.

Rudy74

Feb 1, 2013
Rush springs, oklahoma
Detector(s) used
an old sears discriminator, switchin to a garret AT pro metal detector with 8.5 x 11 w/ pro formation DD coil real soon i hope
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey fever whats new ya I have not nyet seen a good comment about him yet. I was wondering if they planted or not. I am a retired navy man I was stationed in Virgina NAB USS Whidbey Island LSD 41 First in her class first always.

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rick savage is a selfish ripoff, he even fired his crew to keep the money in the family. He is destroying our hobby, just look how many metal detectors are selling on eBay. Thanks to him, making it seem effortless and profitable. Your bound to have copycats who will leave holes, trespass and give us a bad name, whilst getting med detecting banned all together in your state and mine. DON'T WATCH THESE SHOWS, your just promoting Rick savage while killing our beloved hobby. He also stole the name American digger, from the magazine that was nice enough to give him a forum. If Rick savage shows up on your doorstep; kick him in the nuts and slam the door....

Oneshot

Oct 20, 2012
West Caldwell New Jersey
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 70
WHITES COINMASTER CLASSIC III
GARRETT PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure that "SAVAGE" (actually Frank Huguelet) is an expert on fakes. Using his real name would make him sound like a pastry.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread