**** Wilmington, NC relic hunting!!!****

civilizedfish

May 18, 2012
I will be doing some hunting the next few days at the Cape Fear River in Wilmington ,N.C my hometown and I was wondering of anybody knew a place I could start , I'm trying to find old coins , of course also gold coins (hopefully) and also civil war relics ! Wilmington has a long history with civil war and was a major strong hold (Fort Fisher) and a turning point during the American Civil war! I will take any tips , constructive please!

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
civilizedfish said:
I will be doing some hunting the next few days at the Cape Fear River in Wilmington ,N.C my hometown and I was wondering of anybody knew a place I could start , I'm trying to find old coins , of course also gold coins (hopefully) and also civil war relics ! Wilmington has a long history with civil war and was a major strong hold (Fort Fisher) and a turning point during the American Civil war! I will take any tips , constructive please!

I doubt anyone will give you a direct answer. Most folks hold there spots to themselves for obvious reasons. You will have to do your own research like most of us do. You seem to know a little about the area so hit the research idea hard.

Of you happen to find out where we can find gold coins let us know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread