Tesoro Tejon,
Whites 6000 di pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Detector Pro Pistol Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all,

I need some assistance.....

Thinking of trading my CTX 3030.....have an offer for a Blisstool with two coils and cash.....I relic hunt mostly in VA and NC and coinshoot from time to time.

Was wanting a blisstool since last summer prior to getting my CTX.

I am worried that my CTX will is not performing the best in my locations of VA and NC.

I have been hitting 3 ringers at 12" in VA but the soil is mild to moderate mineralization at the location I am currently hunting.

A couple of sites I am hitting in NC vary from moderate to high.

I have a terra 705 with wot coil and 10 dd and 8 concentric.

I was thinking that since I have the 705 I have enough for coinshooting and occasional relic hunts with a Minelab.

I use the CTX GPS a lot but have an app on my phone that does the exact same thing.

Don't water hunt.

Wireless is nice and I use it but not a deal breaker.

Let me know your thoughts and or experience.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey... If you plan on going up to Northern Virginia, namely the Culpeper area to do the relic hunting, then the Blisstool is what you want over the CTX. My understanding is the CTX is a waterproof E-Trac, or very similar... I've got a friend who loved his E-Trac and did well with it here. He took it up to Culpeper detecting and didn't find anything. He had someone locate a shallow target and he attempted to detect it and got nothing. The guy dug the bullet, dropped it into the open hole, still nothing. Only when it was laying on top of the dirt did it make a sound. Now, this may have been because of poor setup, but I have heard of more than one who regretted trying to use a E-Trac around Culpeper.

Keep in mind that the Blisstool is new to the USA and is also a beep-dig machine. You're not getting the fancy gadgets or multi-tone signals, but I think for relic hunting where you're digging everything except nails, then the Blisstool should be good. Not sure about warranty or durability, but if I had the $$, I'd be on the phone trying to get one before I go back up in March!

DwightS

OP
OP
Colosprings73

Colosprings73

Apr 17, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Fisher CZ3D,
Tesoro Tejon,
Whites 6000 di pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Detector Pro Pistol Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In VA where I am hunting in March is Northern VA and at a site where I have had tremendous success with my CTX already.

After talking to my friend Saltwater-Max........he helped me realize that the honeymoon stage of my CTX is over .......

I am now in the real marriage with the machine......not all shinny and new with new features....I am used to it now......and NOW is when the really good finds start coming out of the ground.....which they have been.

Always wanting to try something new...... but NOT at the expense of the CTX.

I was an idiot to even contemplate EVER getting rid of my beloved CTX 3030.

I have figured out approx. How much time I have on my CTX......

560....yes 560 plus or minus some.

After this much time I have become one with my machine and can truly know what I am going to dig 95% of the time.

I will be getting the two other coils for my CTX and continue the journey.

I now understand what many of you have posted.....once you get to use your machine and truly know it inside and out..... like an extra arm....will it start truly performing.......

Let me add this to all others who are bouncing around machine to machine.....I have figured out one thing.....the machine is ONE part of the equation to the success to this hobby.....it's like this.....

80% is WHERE you hunt......Research, Research and more Research!!!! Want to find the REALLY good items DON'T go to a new park or field.
****I know people that use a Ace 250 and pull AMAZING items out of the ground.......because they RESEARCH and find the RIGHT places to hunt.

15% is the MACHINE you are using.
****If Those same people who ARE using an Ace 250 and I were hunting at the same site.....guess who's pulling out more GOOD items ;)

5%.....Hunting......the style in which you hunt....do you wonder aimlessly (find little) or do you hunt in grid (find alot, slow process)........and........... getting off the forums trying to figure this all out and HUNT.

Thanks again to my friend Max for waking me up.......

Check out my YouTube channel....Shelby Voll....for my latest finds....with my CTX 3030....or as my wife says..."your other wife".

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread