How much is a Groundhawk worth?

Joshwfl

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had it for a few years and always wanted to get more serious about hunting as a hobby, but never really had the time and honestly, I don't think I use it correctly. I've found a lot of coins, buttons, etc with it though. I've decided to sell it hoping someone would get good use out of it. What should I ask for a price? I have headphones as well. The only difference from the stock photos below are that mine is the lock/unlock style, not on/off.

ground-hawk-full_zps9f0ec1c3.jpg

groundhawk1a_zps5cec5a29.jpg

OP
OP
J

Joshwfl

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No ideas? Any input would be appreciated, I just don't want to ask too much or too little.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never seen one - who makes it?

Edmundruffin

Aug 17, 2010
West Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Groundhawk for metal, eyeballs for stone
I would hold on to it if i was you. Kennteh Ray is no longer making them. I have the Generation 1 and the updated Geneartion2. I sold off my Whites and Tesoro. You have to use it and give yourself time to learn the quirks. As said trashy areas are difficult and salt sand beaches are out. They are great coin shooters and second to none for Civil War relics. Ken still services his detectors. If everything works $300 - $350 used. I would not take that for mine. Get to know the machine and those burned out sites are not so burned out. Look him up : Kenneth Ray , Henderson, Tennessee, Owner of Ken's Electronics. One of the best kept secrets for relic detecting.

OP
OP
J

Joshwfl

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info! As much as I'd like to hold on to it for future use, I just don't see it happening for several years. Between work and family ( my son's games and practices are 4-5 days a week), it will be quite a while before I even get a chance to play with it. Also, being in FL, salt sand beaches are where I'd hit the most. If anyone is interested, I guess I'd do $250 based on your price. I'd love to know it's being used rather than sit in the closet.

amberg

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What makes this machine poorly suited to salty/sandy ground?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread