Found ww2 practice range

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice always awesome to find a new spot who knows what could be out there, u should look in the most not obvious spots

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
There should be date coded headstamps on the empty brass as well as the code for the ammunition plant that made it. Got any pics ? One place I used to detect at the site of an old town was a training ground for National Guard troops. Lots of empty brass laying around but it was fired blanks and it was modern stuff. Knowing the age of the brass you're finding will determine whether or not it's worth detecting further.

OP
OP
N

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There should be date coded headstamps on the empty brass as well as the code for the ammunition plant that made it. Got any pics ? One place I used to detect at the site of an old town was a training ground for National Guard troops. Lots of empty brass laying around but it was fired blanks and it was modern stuff. Knowing the age of the brass you're finding will determine whether or not it's worth detecting further.

The only number I remember is 45 idk If that means something i don't thinks its the date though

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a link for an almost got have book. Excellent info for research!.

World War II Sites in the United States - Riebel-Roque Publishing Company

Don't forget! Even new brass has big scrap metal value. Google Army Air Corps training and Abandoned airstrips. You'll find a lot of leads & there are a lot of collectors willing to pay good money. Especially collectors in England.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread