duggap

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Tosoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have hunted the devil out of that place. The bridge today is not where the bridge in your pic is located. In case you haven't found the old bridge yet, just go on the road beside the north side of the interstate and go east. The old pillars are still visible. It was a fun place to hunt. Be careful and be sure to get permission, some of the folks there can be a little scary. Good luck.

OP
OP
OverKill

OverKill

Jul 4, 2009
Dunlap , Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks duggap.... How did you do when you went ??
I went today and found the spot ,but didn't go due to rain. Will be going Sunday or Monday ...or both

duggap

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Tosoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hooker had his NY boys guarding the railroad from Whiteside to the TN river. We found what we think is most of those sites. About every other one had a plate in it. You would probably be better off to just start prospecting around. At the very top it was guarded by confederates. I know of one CS oval that came out of there. There has been a lot of hunting going on there but there is still some things to be found. Don't cross the railroad bridge that stands there today. They will arrest you for that. Good luck and let us know what you find. Wish I could go with you but health wont permit.

OP
OP
OverKill

OverKill

Jul 4, 2009
Dunlap , Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks will keep you posted if I come up with anything....
Too bad you couldn't go .. not as fun by yourself

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great spot (back in the day) I agree with duggap ,I'd just hit the most known areas real quick like then search a little harder in the less hunted area around the landmark (bridge).
Unless there is alot of Hot rock in the area and you plan on using a Pulse Machine.

But you never know what might turn up just give it a good try.
Good Luck ...Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread