Tesoro Tejon, Whites MXT, Fisher F75 ltd,XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say a lot would depend on the bottom of the creek if there's a lot of silt or hard bottom would make a big difference.
I know a lot of creeks change course overtime and I've found everything from fossils to Native American artifacts in creeks I've also found some nice stuff metal detecting them it all depends.
Look up aquachigger on youtube he's done amazingly well in creeks

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pvtcook

Sep 2, 2011
Corinth,Ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This creek is mostly gravel/ rock bottom. It's banks are about 6'.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A creek like that running through an area with a lot of history could have anything it definitely sounds like a great spot to try

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love to get in any dried up creek with a machine.One around a major battlefield would be no question.Be sure to use a digging tool with somewhat long hand.Allot of times stuff will be quite deep.gl

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get right in the water I guess that depends on your machine but it definitely helps to be able to fan away material while in the water

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get right in the water I guess that depends on your machine but it definitely helps to be able to fan away material while in the water
My machine is 'suppose' to be waterproof to the box/coil connection.I have tried in the water,but I usually wait until those little droughts come around and dry the creek beds up some,it just makes it so much better, 'for me anyway!seems easyer to recover targets in a dry bed.Plus don't have the worry about getting the box wet while trying to dig something.

OP
OP
P

pvtcook

Sep 2, 2011
Corinth,Ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I want to try it. I know it had to be a water source for the troops,so I might have some luck. I use a F75. Not waterproof. Have to be careful. I think the coil is. Not sure.

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to Youtube and watch Aquachiggers videos. A wealth of knowledge and a great guy to boot.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree anyone who can watch that silver coin cache video and not want to go Creek hunting doesn't have a heartbeat

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to try it. I know it had to be a water source for the troops,so I might have some luck. I use a F75. Not waterproof. Have to be careful. I think the coil is. Not sure.
Most machines the coil should be waterproof,and waterproof up the shaft to a certain point .You might want to read the manual or look it up to make sure.But man you have a chance too hunt around the battle of Shiloh,that is awesome!While hunting the creek, check the banks in the creek real good,good chance they could have caught a shell or a shot.gl2you.joe

OP
OP
P

pvtcook

Sep 2, 2011
Corinth,Ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah Digiron. There are people around here that actually sneak on the battlefield. I don't have the nerve. I did hunt the bank of the Tenn River just above the battlefield a few months ago. I found a 1861 3 cent piece and a shield from a McCellan saddle.
I'm definitely going to go hunt that creek.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Digiron. There are people around here that actually sneak on the battlefield. I don't have the nerve. I did hunt the bank of the Tenn River just above the battlefield a few months ago. I found a 1861 3 cent piece and a shield from a McCellan saddle.
I'm definitely going to go hunt that creek.
No sir,I don't have the nerve either.There is nothing out there worth a $250,000 fine, two or three years in federal prison to me!But just being able to hunt close too a major battlefield,in a place that hasn't been developed all too hell is a blessing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread