vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Have fun and don't forget to post your findings!

OP
OP
anzayounggun

anzayounggun

Mar 16, 2015
state of jefferson
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter (For Now)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i diffently will post anything i find thanks my research and maps paid off

OP
OP
anzayounggun

anzayounggun

Mar 16, 2015
state of jefferson
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter (For Now)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey so i poked around today after work and found a cattle shoot and holding pen. Although i didnt quite have time, because of a birthday dinner,to look at the actual homestead site. But i hope to metal detect there soon should be fun. old nails and maybe some coins i hope
View attachment 1133129

View attachment 1133130

View attachment 1133132

OP
OP
anzayounggun

anzayounggun

Mar 16, 2015
state of jefferson
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter (For Now)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so i looked abit more and cant quite find the homestead yet. but im excited i have a couple of leads for an abandoned cabin built in the 30's for a possible telescope placement might be neat

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey guys i don't know if this is the right forum, but i'm exploring a old home stead this week i will post anything interesting i find. hopefully more than rusty beds and ruins...

Welcome to Tnet! You will find that research is key to any spectacular hunt (and it's fun too!) there is tons of knowledge within these forums for any specialty that you can think of when it comes to Treasure Hunting. There is a ton to discover out in your area as the Bostonia area and El Cajon were both part of the early San Diego build. Try to find an old Plat map (historical society) that would show old properties and the names tied to them.
Good luck in your hunting and Welcome to the biggest addiction rush of finding long lost coins, relics and of course....Treasure!
-Tina

OP
OP
anzayounggun

anzayounggun

Mar 16, 2015
state of jefferson
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter (For Now)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im actaully looking more out in the julian area. el cajon & bostonia is all concrete and buildings nowadays. but more rural towards barona or old time lakeside would be fun

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the Lakeside Rodeo grounds. I think the guy that owns the land is a fella named Tom. Nice guy. Get under the stands and you will probably clean house!
Many places in Lakeside and El Cajon that are not cement. Old El Cajon, Granite Hills, Bostonia and Lakeside are all great areas leading to a wonderful area of many treasure stories revolving around and through Ramona and Alpine.
Good Luck and HH!

OP
OP
anzayounggun

anzayounggun

Mar 16, 2015
state of jefferson
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter (For Now)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noted, i am not digging or disturbing any of these sites just exploring and pursuing interests

hey guys im not sure if this thread is in the right section but im reviving this thread because ive been exploring the old home stead i mentioned at first, it was a sheep herders homestead in the early 1900s, all thats left is the stone fences they erected and some of the pens are in ok shape but buried by sand washed over the course of the years. Pretty cool local history stuff though. The homesteaders name were used to name the mountain right by and the canyon... sentenac mountain and canyon respectively. anyways its all state park so no go on the MD but still fun to have found and researched the history in the area. Which leads to my next point...

the area had native inhabitants way before white sheep and cattle ranchers. so exploring and talking to my moms cousin the historical society's historian, and my uncle about the history i was able to discover a little satellite village to the main encampment and a few metates on the hill, i beleive this to be a little known site further away from the main camp. olla sherds are numerous around the four Indian structures left to the elements mostly piles of sticks now. supposedly there is a burial grounds near by as well. i think im close to it but kinda spooky huh?

Anyways i wanted to post about these finds and well keep everyone posted if i find more.

OP
OP
anzayounggun

anzayounggun

Mar 16, 2015
state of jefferson
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter (For Now)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turned out really well actually I winded up finding the homestead with my brother bugsy ( well I just call him that weird back story) rock walls , lots of early rusty cans and forged nails all over and that's about it. We just wanted to walk a different way to the site I found earlier this last year. Dumb idea tons of mesquite and tasmarik trees they scratch the hell out of you. But we happened upon the homestead. With all the rain lately hopefully some more artifacts turn up. It's snowing here tonight. Weird after being in Mexico for races all weekend KIMG0007.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread