Time to hit the hay!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far not much has come from this permission but we have high hopes. This old farm dates back to the 1800s and has lots of old out buildings. It also has a couple fields and a nice yard where the main house used to be. My son picked up an old ax head and a penny dated 1912 with his AT pro and i have found a dateless buffalo with my Tesoro.

I am thinking about taking my E trac tomorrow to see how it handles the over abundance of iron. Any suggestions on what settings i should use?

IMG_0864.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Rob. I went out early this morning and found rock hard soil at the farm. I'm not sure a jack hammer would have worked in those conditions. Maybe next week will be better. On the flip side, i hit a park 5 miles down the road with perfect digging conditions so the day was not a total loss. I guess the weather man was right for a change. Scattered thunder storms really means scattered

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would use two tone Ferrous (TTF) with smooth audio. You will definitely hear the high tones.

GL & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread