Old field finds - gun pieces ??

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi was hunting in upstate NY found an ox shoe and some odds n ends but today I found an assortment of old old something's and in a diff area a bell too - can anyone give me an idea of these old molten looking pieces ??
Thanks for any ideas :)
IMG_8712.JPG
IMG_8713.JPG
IMG_8714.JPG
IMG_8715.JPG
IMG_8717.JPG
IMG_8721.JPG
IMG_8709.JPG
IMG_8723.JPG

JccEldreth

Feb 8, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Pro Pointer II and I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call them lead leavings. They were making bulits, balls or bail tags with lead and this is the left overs. I have found a few of them around an old rail road depot.

OP
OP
rosespetal

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh cool thanks so much - what time period was this done in then/approx??? I'm trying to sort the age as most wasn't that deep although the bell was a little deeper than I expected. A few silver coins were found from the 1800s a block over so I'm starting to hit the fields some and some of the woods- although the woods I only found some bullets and shotgun shell/ends so far ;/ though some lead lumps is better than nothing as it shows more people around than not

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, very nice bell :icon_thumright:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No size reference for the melted objects. If they are indeed lead, they are more likely from plumbing old cast iron pipes than making bullets. Anyone who casts bullets or most anything else puts all the spilled scrap back in the pot. The bell is a sweet one for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread