glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As we continue to practice stay at home and keeping safe distances from others. I have not been out to my ongoing glass and bottle site since the middle of March I have a spot that I occasional visit a few times a year that is much closer to home. It is owned by a relative so I can be there when it works for me .Since I am having withdrawal symptoms from not going to my primary site ; I thought I would see what I might find at the site owned by a relative I saw several pieces of leather horse harness on a pile .it was almost completely rotted .I started digging and found quite an assortment of items Out of all of it though I only located one brass buckle. I guess that will be my reason to go back again soon View attachment IMG_0469.jpg

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what the owner of the property told me there was a blacksmith business there and at some point in time there was a fire. I am only speculating but there may have been a connection to all the items I found together .I will to looking there some more .Like you I enjoy finding horse items that relate to use by the early settlers in America. And over the years I have found maybe 6 to 10 that are made of brass They are some of my most prized finds

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds like a great site! I hope you find more! I have one brass ring I have found. I have been looking at it this past week pretty intently. I was thinking of all the weight, distance and things it carried. It would be cool if it could talk. That is quite a collection(6-10) IMG_20200501_173429923~2.jpg

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love stuff like that! One of these days I'm going to figure a way of hooking all the loops and rings together for a display. All the brass parts are cool but I also value the old hand forged iron items too!

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
digging the one and smallfoot here is my entire collection of brass/bronze horse harness items minus the one shown with my post from just a few days ago Some of the ones posted in this picture maybe dog collar buckles and some may be used for belts I have often wonder why they would have thrown them away. They must have been harder to acquire than steel .They lasted longer and once purchased they where no longer costing them anything to reuse .I know what you mean diggingthe1 about just looking at the one. My first brass horse item was a round ring I found it and it was really cruddy looking .I spent hours cleaning it I have many favorite finds thought out my time of digging .But the brass horse ring is near the top of my list Thanks for looking !!! View attachment 1830331

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool ... Cool .. I love it! My kind of hunting! Thanks for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions