which coil to use first on civil war site of about 1 acre?

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a permission on about 1 acre site that was the location of very heavy CW battle area in Atlanta. These are very rare and hard to come by.

I have the Nox 800. Of course I am going to hunt this area very slow. It is also has a very small stream that I will hunt also.

which coil would you start with? My 6", stock 11" or 15"?

My thoughts are hit and dig all targets with the 11" coil to clear the easy targets and then come back with the 15" coil to find the deeper fainter targets and use the 6" coil in the creek.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stock 11. With some exceptions there is a reason the various manufacturers provide a certain coil with their units new in the box. I'd go with that one. Bring all your extra gear. And a backup machine as it looks like from your list you have some. I have never broken a machine in the field but it can happen.

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
When I have a new location to hunt I use the quality equipment that covers the most ground the fastest. The reason being that unfortunately sometimes permission doesn’t last as long as you thought it would. The larger and higher conductive targets are what I look for on the first go-around. After the first go-around then I slow down to look for the smaller more difficult targets to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread